Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT stupid!

by nicolaou 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

Thanks Mary - you can call me Betsy any time you like :-)

Like 68% of drivers considering themselves 'above average' and 80% of lawyers thinking they will win their case (LOL) nobody likes to admit being in a cult - its kinda embarrasing - I wonder why?

Hence my reference to an objective scholarly work by a subject matter expert, Steve Hassan. It didn't go unnoticed by me that Reniaa referred to the list of question posed by Hassan as 'your test' - perhaps I need to recommend Don't Believe Everything You Think - The 6 Basic Mistakes We Make in Thinking by Thomas Kida :-)

• Mary
    Mary
    Thanks Mary - you can call me Betsy any time you like :-)

D'oh! Sorry hon.....didn't have my coffee when I replied. Just to elaborate on a point you made:

The GB have revered status - no denying that.

I'm doing the Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study for this Sunday as Blondie's on holidays. In the study it specifically refers to the "slave class" as "marking the foreheads" of the R&F for salvation, I shit you not. I'll have it posted here on Friday but it seems more and more that the Slobbering Body members are equating themselves with the Divine. Another trademark quality.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    hey jgnat, you'd have found me more simpathetic to your way of studying when i was an active witness but one thing you learn is if someone just isn't interested you walk away, a cult hell bent on brainwashing would have hung in there longer:)

What if the person is not interested in being recruited but sincerely wants to talk about your relative religious differences? I find the Witness still walks away. Why is that? Is the Witness only interested in talking to me if I am a potential convert? If so, that's rather shallow, don't you think?

if you think of me as a problem on this site trust me as an active witness i wasn't exactly mainstream either lol and wouldn't be if i went back,

Reniaa, though I've used the words "curious" and "peculiar" regarding your thinking patterns, please don't think that indicates that I think you are a problem or a threat to this site. More than anything, you've aroused my interest. I wonder if you see, yourself, the disconnects in your thinking.

We need different perspectives on a discussion board. If we all agreed, it would make for mightily boring discussions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit