Why do the majorityof JW's look so happy at the hall?

by JH 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Each time I go, I see a bunch of happy people, young and old. Some smile more than others, but just about everyone seems happy to be there.

Maybe we left because we weren't that happy, rather than finding flaws in the religion.

Maybe they look happy because they aren't allowed to look sad.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Why do so many people look happy at the Church down the road from my house? - We are social animals.

• JH
    JH

Even in my good JW days, I can't say that I was happy to be a JW. I did it because I felt it was the thing to do, since the end was so close and I wanted to live. Well, that's what they taught me... I would have prefered to be elsewhere and live a normal life.

• JH
    JH
    We are social animals.

I guess I was always a loner....or a pool hall person

• JH
    JH
    Why do so many people look happy at the Church down the road from my house?

Good comparison, but JW's do so much more and don't live life as fully as those down the street at that church you mention.

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

Maybe they're happy because they feel safety in numbers. Like if there's this many people who believe this stuff, it must be right. Not ever having been one, I don't know. Having encountered a few, my other guess is valium.

• Maddie
    Maddie

When people walk into the KH they walk into the cult personality. The happy look on some of the faces is part of the persona.

Maddie

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's all about putting on your best face (or putting your best foot forward). If you aren't happy, you must not be spiritual (by JW standards), and if you aren't spiritual, lots of dubs will generally avoid you.

So put on that Kingdom smile, even if your heart is breaking!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Twenty first century pharmaceuticals!!

How many jws on antidepressants?

• JH
    JH
    So put on that Kingdom smile, even if your heart is breaking!

So, it's a show

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit