Memorial at the nicest country club in the area!

by Burger Time 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

My brother informed me over the weekend that in Gastonia NC the Memorial for their congregation is going to be held at the nicest country club in Gastonia. In fact a lot of local celebrities live there including Sherry from the nationally syndicated radio show Bob & Sherry. A good bit of people are upset at this, as it's out of the way and a bit hard to find. They are also having to rent this facility which is raising a couple of eyebrows. At least it will be better then sitting in the stuffy boring K.H.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Well, the wine should be of very good quality.

Wait, they don't drink it.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Just me saying "the nicest country club in Gastonia" is a bit of a oxymoron to most who live around...but it is an extremely nice upscale area. They actually have a guard who checks every car, which will make it even that much more of a hassle. There are million dollar houses in the are too.

• free2think
    free2think

Well it's good to see the publishers money is being spent wisely.

• oompa
    oompa
    gopher:

Well, the wine should be of very good quality.

Wait, they don't drink it.

Gopher...WTF??? don't you know the gates are open again??? I urge everyone to eat and drink freely...I am going to hear if they have will stop telling everyone why the MUST be of the great crowd!!!.....dare me to eat and drink anyone? I will take a cell phone pic if I do....and would my wife and son leave me over that....Heck...I may be their slave after all...........oompa

• JK666
    JK666

Oomp,

It's been done before, remember Brenda Lee's video?

JK

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

maybe the High school cafeteria was booked that night?

Are they giving any reason on the choice? Parking? We used to use a cafeteria to take the load off of a hall that had 2 english and 2 Spanish units... they would be there way before sunset and way late to get 4 sessions in there.

~Hill

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I didn't think that country clubs just rented space without food service - at least hors d'oveurs and cocktails.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    A good bit of people are upset at this, as it's out of the way and a bit hard to find. They are also having to rent this facility which is raising a couple of eyebrows.

Assuming I were still a firm believer, who the hell cares what "a good bit of people" care about
    it being out of the way a bit or hard to find. The "brothers" can give them directions if they don't
    know how to look up mapquest. Renting facilities is common, so again who the hell cares?
    Someone has to meet elsewhere when the hall has too many congregations or is too small for
    all the "invited" extras.

All they have to do is tell the dubs that it might be easier to invite many to the Country Club
    as they have never been there before. They can carpool and "count their time" with any
    unbaptized "invited" extras.

Tell them to get out and see there and enjoy the view. Or if they want to be upset, do even
    better- tell them that if they are just "observers," they are not required to go, so skip it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Must be one of those congs where there's 3 or 4 elders making 6-figure income. I used to attend one that was sorta like that. Not that there's anything wrong with making that kind of money. But there are very definite class divisions among JW's, don't ever let them tell you otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit