Kids and imaginary friends....are they really imaginary?

by ButtLight 28 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    I believe in spirit beings and therefore I think that some of these friends are not imaginary!

Hear hear!!!

Well we all know I am crazy. My brother used to talk about his other mothers all the time. He said my mom wasn't his favorite, smart for 2.

momz

• JH
    JH
    I believe in spirits

Spirits are demons. I learned that at the Kingdom Hall

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

P.P.S. I also argue with myself at times...

I do that too, so that I can get a couple opinions---AND WIN THE ARGUMENT!!!

SHELL no, shelley

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I didn't have imaginary friends so much, but I did have a whole cast of imaginary characters of endless stories. Two or three of them, in fact. I still do – whole series of novels that will probably never be written.

But I used to pretend to be different people. It started with Mowgli and went on from there.

When other little girls were playing house, my best friend and I were playing Medieval Ireland or riding golden horses or diamond Chevrolets – I distinctly remember my pal inventing that diamond Chevrolet, and the little flicker of surprise when she mentioned it – it hadn't occurred to me that Chevrolets were "allowed" in the particular fairyland we were visiting that day.

My son, when he was about two, had a whole retinue of imaginary frogs that followed him around – until the day he laid about him with a screwdriver and slaughtered them all!

My daughter has a whole clan of invisible friends – like Sirona, I'm not sure all of them are imaginary. She says they live in her head and sometimes one of them will be her for a day or so. They seem to be a pretty level-headed lot.

gentlyferal

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It's totally natural ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/35608/1.ashx

I think some people's perfectly healthy active imaginations are being RUINED by modern entertainment technology.

RUINED, I say.

I mean, humans start out liking the cardboard box better than the toy that came with it,

and end up BORED unless you have some form of prepackaged entertainment they can sit mindlessly or compulsively in front of.

And anyone who sez different prolly has stocks in something (I would imagine - hee hee)

SPAZZIE

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

my older two kids have imaginary friends, the middle having the strongest showing of it. The oldest does it more to "play along" with her sister.

I'm quite certain they are imaginary, I've never even gotten the feeling it was more than that. Then again I've never seen any indication that spirit beings are real. I even did all the "bloody Mary" stuff as a teen... nothing ever came. But being one in a group of girls we sure screamed like something had happened.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

My son, 5, has an imaginary friend. His name is Jody. Jody has been all over the world and lived in lots of places. He says that he looks like him except that he has blue eyes not brown. Jody is 6 years old and he follows him around everywhere. He says that Jody is just imaginary. My son used to talk about him a lot more than he does now but he will still bring him up occasionally. It is hard to understand because I never had an imaginary friend but I am glad that he has such an active imagination, the experts say it is a sign of a higher IQ.

Sheri

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I think that this may fall into the same category as those kids that 'bond' with their dog - or cat - when they are little.

My daughter did this. She had a dog that she bonded with when she was 3 or 4.

I also think that kids - when they are young - have no preconceived notions - and are open to all sorts of 'odd' things that we as adults aren't.

This usually stops around the age of 5 or 6 - when they start attending 'school' and get 'humanized'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Butt Light,

I had a Kingdom Hall full of them until I realised they were not my real friends .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit