Your opinion about Self Injury

by yumbby 43 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was speaking about the way I described it. Sometimes, it's really hard for me to admit to things, so I don't. I describe it in third party. It get's me 1 step closer to talking about it. But, when I saw that Crumpet was talking about herself, she gave me a bit of courage to just get out and just say it. Anyways, if you want my answer, well, I'll just copy and paste it...

Your mind is racing, like somebody pressed the fast-forward button on you. Then your heard is pounding and everything in your body feels like the blood is racing from one part of the body to the other. You curl up in a ball trying to make it stop and go away. You want to kill yourself because you can't breath and your in such a depressed state of mind that you feel like this huge weight is on you and you can't get it off. It's holding you down to the ground and you feel like you can't move.

Cutting makes that go away instantaneously.

Dear Cognanc

Well done for managing to admit it and your description is spot on.

I have managed to stop for the best part of a year once, i have to be in a really happy place for the most part and feel loved. Its not something I resort to daily or even weekly. It only happens when things are really bad and I feel I can't escape or just cope with my situation anymore.

I wish heartfelt improvement to all who battle with this to find a place of safety and peace with themseves so they can find healthy coping mechanisms to deal with these issues, including myself.

crumpet x

• cognac
    cognac
    People would never have guessed with me either….

Wow, I'm sorry Mr. Majestic. I'm sure that was really, really hard to say... I hope it took a weight off you like it did me...

I wish heartfelt improvement to all who battle with this to find a place of safety and peace with themseves so they can find healthy coping mechanisms to deal with these issues, including myself.

Me too... I'm sorry for what you went through but really glad you came out and said it. It gives others the courage to come out also...

Speaking of coping mechinisms, maybe we can all share what has helped. For helping ourselves and the people who are around us...

I will start. This has helped me...

1. A peaceful environment. Chaos, yelling, screaming, hitting, belittling environment makes it worse.

2. When I was younger, all I wanted was to be held. I wanted somebody to hold me and not let go. To tell me everything was going to be ok. To not judge me... To love me no matter what...

3. Understand that when I pushed people away, it was because I didn't trust people. I didn't trust that they would love me for the person I was inside. I needed to understand that they would be there unconditionally... I needed them more when I pushed them away...

4. Meditation, soothing music, or self-hypnosis helps relax my state of mind. (Just started the hypnosis one.) Especially when I'm going to sleep. It calms me down...

5. I also just started taking adderall a few months ago. It seems to stop my mind from going bizirk and helps me think more clearly... (It's ADD meds)...

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thats a good list, Cognac.

HUGS to everyone on this thread....

Sirona

• cognac
    cognac

Thats a good list, Cognac.

HUGS to everyone on this thread....

Sirona

Thanks Sirona... Oh, I forgot one other thing... Stay the hell away from sugar, pastas and white breads... It seems to help... Even milk for some reason... What I did is I fasted for a day or 2, then added things in slowly one at a time... I could tell how different things affected my body... I mean, I still have those things, but its just not my whole diet. (P.S. Maybe that ones just in my own mind...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit