What planet does GW Bush reside on????

by Grammy 12 Replies latest social current

• Grammy
    Grammy

A quote from his press conference today...

"There is no question the economy has slowed down," Bush said. "I don't think we're headed into a recession, but there is no question we are in a slowdown.""There is no question the economy has slowed down," Bush said. "I don't think we're headed into a recession, but there is no question we are in a slowdown."

I don't know where he lives but when I go grocery shopping and fill up my car with gas I know darn well we are in a recession!

• Gopher
    Gopher

He's on the planet called "I don't want to take any blame for the bad economy, and if we can keep it propped up till November then more people may vote Republican."

I find his denial about the recession to be pathetic. Most Americans don't believe him anyway. They know the economy is really bad, the housing market is in the toilet, gas prices are up, inflation is up, unemployment is up. But hey at least the oil and pharmaceutical companies are making big profits!

In reality there's little a president can do about the economy other than set the mood. The Federal Reserve and other factors are more important than what a president does (in terms of the economy).

• Grammy
    Grammy
    In reality there's little a president can do about the economy other than set the mood. The Federal Reserve and other factors are more important than what a president does (in terms of the economy).

Agreed Gopher, I just get sick of the BULL he puts forth while trying to make ends meet on my social security check and kicking myself for buying into the JW bull that there was no need to save for the future

• beksbks
    beksbks

He is however pushing for $100 billion for the war THIS YEAR!

• willyloman
    willyloman

According of the morning news, he has already spent 3 trillion bucks on this war and committed us to as much as 5-7 trillion before it's over. So clearly, his monetary values are tweaked beyond anything most of us can relate to. I'm not sure what that planet's called.

• dinah
    dinah

Grammy,

That's exactly what I thought this morning while reading that quote from him. He's peeing on our heads and telling us its raining.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a planet made of gold, w rivers of oil, clouds of pie in the sky. This planet is called ineptitune and orbits around a star called god. W has an invisible friend that he calls jesus. This friend regales him w stories of smouldering moslem lands w streets made of glass and lined w charred bones.

S

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

He also said that he wasn't aware that gas prices are predicted to go up to $4.00 by many of the major financial advisors - go figure. sammieswife.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Bush 2 has not been in touch with real world issues ... snotty rich kid coke head...

I never cared for Bill Clinton...but at least he'd jog in McDees and buy Mc Muffins for the Secret Service guys...

~Hill

• SacrificialLoon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit