A WTS lie for UN "association"

by hawkaw 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You know,

Just a kinda odd question or two.

Have you ever brought this to the attention of your congregation? Meaning all that has gone on with the UN scandal as well as your own feelings on what you think is wrong at Bethal etc.

Also if you have so many problems with this organization, do you think you are strong enough to leave it and be on your own seeing you can independently think without their help and you have concerns about the politics with this organization's head office?

Just curious

hawk

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

YK,

Before I reply to your post:

I challenge you to show the note that you have just written to me to the Presiding Overseer in your own Congregation.

It is clearly well out of step with current, past and I put it you you future WTS teaching.

You have started your own religion in your own heart and mind, have the courage of your internal convictions and externalise your beliefs. If God is with you, who can be against you?

HS

• concerned fiance
    concerned fiance

Hi everyone,

I took the liberty of calling the UN Library to get some information. I spoke with the Head Reference Librarian, Ms. Dana Loytved at 212-963-8822 as well as Ms. Yengit from the Head Librarian's office at 212-963-7443. This is the information that I received.

As per Hawkaw's post earlier, yes, most depository libraries have lots of resources that you will find at the UN DHL Library. Ms. Loytved noted, though, that one problem would be that some libraries do not so far back in history with their documents, so it would really depend upon the library that you were using.

We then discussed the possibility of getting clearance to use the DHL Library at UN Headquarters. She said that all that is necessary is to fill out a form that has to go through a security clearance and any individual or organization that needs to use the library usually can get access. The range of time varies, but sometimes access is given for months at a time. She said that this option has always been available even before 1990. She did mention that, in light of the recent 9/11 disaster, it has become more difficult to pass security clearance for such access.

So, in fact it is now more difficult to get access to the library and such information. Interesting, since WTBTS disassociated itself and now would not have such access. Does that mean that whatever research they were doing will no longer be done at all? Or could it be that, in fact, WTBTS will have to resort to going to a UN Depository Library to get the same information they likely would have gotten anyways at the UN DHL Library?????

Any comments?

concerned fiance

• You Know
    You Know
    Have you ever brought this to the attention of your congregation? Meaning all that has gone on with the UN scandal as well as your own feelings on what you think is wrong at Bethal etc.

The only person I have spoken to about the UN scandal is my wife. I hope that I can keep my mouth shut and not disturb my brothers with this thing. There is a Psalm where David asks Jehovah to post an angel at the door of his mouth to help him keep his lips in check, so I think I will try and get some angelic help to sit on this one. Really, the Bible says that it is beauty to cover over transgression. So, I really don't want to call attention to the scandal. It's a shameful thing in my opinion. Its disgraceful. So, I pray for God to forgive the brothers for their stupidity. But I know in my heart that Jehovah's not going to give exemption from punishment. I am afraid we are going to get whacked for this mess---BIG TIME!!!

Also if you have so many problems with this organization, do you think you are strong enough to leave it and be on your own seeing you can independently think without their help and you have concerns about the politics with this organization's head office?
    I don't have any problems with the organization as such. I merely recognize that the organization has its own problems. And I view their problems as my problems too. I look at Daniel's example. He wasn't reallly part of the problem in Jerusalem yet he prayed for forgiveness as if he were. He loved his people even though they sinned against God and lost their nation. So I just want to be loyal to Christ and my brothers and be there for them when things blow up. That's really my most fervent prayer that Jehovah let me be one who is able to stand in the gate when the barbarian hordes attack. Brothers don't know it yet, but soon they are going to need answers to some life and death questions. The Watchtower probably isn't going to be the agency through which those answers come during the crunch time. I think I might be in a position in the future to redirect the loyal ones more succesfully into the truth. We'll see. Of course, i recognize, as Jesus said, that he is the vine and I am a mere branch and can do nothing at all on my own. But at some point Jesus' judgment will go into effect whereby the first become last and the last become first. So, again, we'll see how all that plays out. In the mean time I am just trying to lay low and stay in the truth the best I can and hopefully when the battle gets hot I will have the privilege of jumping into the thick of the fray and help some people get through it. God knows I have been preparing myself for that time.

/ You Know

• You Know
    You Know

Hillary's False Step:

I challenge you to show the note that you have just written to me to the Presiding Overseer in your own Congregation.

I don't know if he could handle it. I showed him a couple of pieces I wrote awhile back and it shook him up pretty good. LOL / You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The only person I have spoken to about the UN scandal is my wife. I hope that I can keep my mouth shut and not disturb my brothers with this thing. There is a Psalm where David asks Jehovah to post an angel at the door of his mouth to help him keep his lips in check, so I think I will try and get some angelic help to sit on this one. Really, the Bible says that it is beauty to cover over transgression. So, I really don't want to call attention to the scandal. It's a shameful thing in my opinion. Its disgraceful. So, I pray for God to forgive the brothers for their stupidity. But I know in my heart that Jehovah's not going to give exemption from punishment. I am afraid we are going to get whacked for this mess---BIG TIME!!!

"These are the things that YOU people should do: Speak truthfully with one another. With truth and the judgment of peace do YOUR judging in YOUR gates. And calamity to one another do not YOU scheme up in YOUR hearts, and do not love any false oath; for these are all things that I have hated,’ is the utterance of Jehovah."
    Zechariah 8:16-17

• You Know
    You Know

Right on! / You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Right on! / You Know

lol - Ya wee scoundrel!

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

You Know,

Since you obviously didn't notice my post, let me ask again; explain how the Society's recent actions in regard to the UN affair (hypocrisy and then lying, in a somewhat juveline and You Know-esque fashion, to cover up their hypocrisy) differ from how the Society has operated in the past - since its inception in fact.

Can you do that? After all you must have time on yr hands now that your very latest October prediction has fizzled like the 6 - 7 that went before. So with yr Kingly ambitions reigned in, temporariliy of course, why not take a stab at actually proving yr assertions. That would be a first, I know, but you might even get to like it.

Sincerely,

Lionel

"The past is a foreign land - they do things differently there. But not when it comes to the WTS for which hypocrisy and lying is the same now as it was when these false prophets started."

• You Know
    You Know

Lionell

The issue of lying and covering up is not the real issue. You have to go back to the original sin that caused the cover-up. That's the primary problem. Rationalizing and excusing oneself is so commom among humans that it should not be considered out of the ordinary. But, the relationship of the Watchtower with the UN is not something ordinary. What is particularly interesting is that back in 1991 was when the UN burst on the world scene with Bush's introdution heralding a New World Order. That was of course a new political realignment in the post Soviet era. The fact that the UN was touted so highly during the Gulf War should have brought closer scrutiny of prophecy regarding the UN. Instead the opposite took place. The Watchtower began praising the UN. So, that's the real development that interests me from the standpoint of how this fits into the over all world scene, and more especially, how Jehovah's judgments may be brought to bear against his organization for a violation of nuetrality. But unless you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses and trying to deal with matters of faithfulness it really doesn't matter anyway. It just boils down to rabid apostate finger pointing if you're on the outside looking in. Hope that Helps / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit