Have you ever been called on by JWs?

by LouBelle 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've been out for nearly 3 years now. I live in the territory but not once has Jehovah Witnesses knocked on my door - I haven't even seen them preaching in the area - or perhaps it's because I'm never at home in the mornings any longer.

If you have been called on, or offered magazine too - what do you say?

• sacolton
    sacolton

"Show me 1914 in the Bible. Just the Bible. Show me! Prove Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. Show me!"

I would love for some JWs come to my door. I hope my knowledge to counter-attack will be more advanced when
    the time comes. I wanna see them sweat and beat their chests in anguish.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I've been called on twice since living in my neighborhood the past 8 years.

The first time I didn't answer because I was um...busy with the hubby I did look out the window and saw who it was.

The second time, I did answer the door. They immediately went into their spill, I just replied "It's okay, I don't want the magazines, I'm df'd" I was way too nice at the time. They just stood there frozen and the one lady gasped and put her hand over her mouth. I couldn't help but laugh. I told her "It's okay...you can leave now..."

• Honesty
    Honesty

A brother and his wife and kids who were in my last congregation recently told me that the JW's will never call at my door.

When they first moved in the territory the car group he was in specifically drove almost a mile out of the territory they were 'working' to show them where an evil apostate lives. they stopped in front of my house.

How did this brother get up the nerve to tell me this?

He and his wife DA'd outta da cult last year.

The last time I was called on was about 12 years ago. Two men one around 50 and the other around 30. I let them talk and then told them I think your theology is flawed. This really perked them up and the older one asked why. I said do you have that book about the trinity being wrong? - I did not want to call it by name so as not to allert them I was an ex. They pulled one out and were very proud of it. Then the conversation went sort of like this....Me / them....... I asked them have you read it? Yes! Did you look up all the references? Yes. Really all the quotations? Yes we always look up the scriptuers. Thats comendable but when they quote a Bible other that the NWT do you look up the scriptures in the other Bible? Well uh .. no.Well that's ok, tell me do you look up the non biblical quotes as well? What do you mean?Did you look up the qoutes from the Catholic encyclopedia? No we have people in our headquarters that do that. We went through about four or five of the quotes, I told them where each one was a misquote and they kept on defering to the GB. How do you know there qouting things correctly? They are led by holy spirit. I know you believe that and that's fine but that is another topic. Lets get to the heart of the matter, do you believe the bible when it Paul commended the Boereans for not just believibg him but checking his story? And when it says to make the trith your own? Yes! Well then why do you go to the library and check out these qoutes and see if they are correct? Are you telling us they are not correct? I'm asking if you make sure for your self.

Then the older one says - Why don't you write a letter to our HQ as they would be better able to answer your questions. I replied, They are not the ones knocking on my door you are. They are not the ones trying to get me to abandon my beliefs, you are. They might have some good answers for me they might not. However, they sent you here, armed with information you can't justify or even say with any certainty is correct, they sent you here unprepaired. The scriptures tell us to always be ready to give reasons for our faith using the scriptures. You have failed to do that. I am prepaired to give you a defecne of my faith, would you like to hear it?

Can any one guess their response?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs came to my door twice since I left the cult - once in each place I lived in. I just tell them I used to be a JW but DA'd because I don't want to be associated with a cult that protects child molesters.

W

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I live in a gated private community so they are unable to do their work here. I have however recieved one "letter witness" in the year and a half I have lived here. Next time, I will write back!!!! I have a lot to say

jelcat

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

My wife and I moved into our new build home almost 2 years ago. I have been fading for over 3 years now. I don't believe that anyone in this territory knows that I even exist. The dubs have been by here 1 time that I know of and left a tract in the door. I don't know if they practice the 3 strikes you're out routine.

However, seeing as how I am fading, I am not so sure if I will confront them with things or not....What do you think?

NMG

• MOG
    MOG

Once in 7 years by me..but they come by to see my wife - she had some interest when I was not there..shame on her ..so now they try to sneek around my house when I am not there..One of them had their husband come to talk to me who is an elder, I think he isnt coming back to see me..

• myababes
    myababes

I have been out for 8 years and have never had a call. not sure if thats because they knew where we lived and avoided calling. But we have just recently moved into a new build house on a new estate and no one knows we have moved there. Its been up for about 6 months and can't say I have seen any one calling around.

Really want them to call though just to see the look on their faces when I answer the door. As the advert goes "Priceless"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit