GODS OF THE WATCHTOWER

by tula 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tula
    tula

(My commentary: Compare this illustration taken from an internet site to the red headed "great harlot" on page 239 of your Revelation book.)

She was worshiped as queen of heaven and patron of marriage and women. She also held the title Eileithyia, the goddess of birth. She was the patron deity of Samos and Argos, which held celebrations and processions in her honor. Her sacred animal was the cow. In literature she was depicted as a jealous wife who vindictively pursued the women Zeus seduced. Her sacred animals are the cow and the peacock. Her favorite city is Argos. The earliest evidence about her describes her as Queen of Heaven, great Mother Goddess, ruler of people. At Mycene, a Creatan colony, on the Greek mainland, miniature temples As Hera's worship goes back to that period, these statutes may represent her most ancient worship.
    Another symbol of Hera is the peacock. Hera's watchfulness is symbolized by the peacock and the 'eyes' in its feathers. The cow, a less frequent symbol of Hera, was associated with her because she was said to have cow eyes, and disguised herself as a cow in one myth. Also cows were often sacrificed to her. Hera's cow identity shows her to be a heavenly goddess ruling the celestial vault and its luminaries.

• tula
    tula

Hera and the Golden Apple The Golden Apple, by Denton Lundalso known as the apple of Discord

Another symbol with Hera is the apple. At Her forced marriage to Zeus, Hera was given a special magic garden in the West where she kept Her apples of immortality. This magical garden was called the Hesperides, probably a symbol of Her regenerating womb; Her apples were guarded by Her sacred serpent.

• tula
    tula

Echidna

Hydra, the snake that guarded the golden apple

• marmot
    marmot

If you look carefully at that illustration and observe the crafty subliminal patterns in the goddess's hair, you will see several reddish-brown "ball" shapes.

Since cows were also used to symbolize Hera, and I learned from research on an internet site that cows are made of meat, then it is obvious that those are MEATBALLS!

Clearly, the flying spaghetti monster has struck with his noodly appendage. Bongs for everyone!

• tula
    tula

Hera was one of the 12 Olympian Gods of Classical Mythology. Hera was the youngest daughter of the youngest daughter of Gaia and inherited her garden. She wasn't very nice, not to anyone, including her children, and she destroyed anyone Hera was all about power As she was worshipped in many different places, she had many different epithets (names). Her bird is the peacock, and in almost every myth she is portrayed as being maliciously jealous.

• BFD
    BFD

Tula, come on now you're starting to creep me out. This is what you come up with while caring for an elderly JW man that was abused by his congregation? This cult is more dangerous than I thought, Get a grip !

BFD

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I see boobies.

• tula
    tula

HERA

• Satanus
    Satanus

Silly me. I can't seem to pick out the obvious wt connection. Maybe someone can hit me w it.

S

• tula
    tula

Doesn't she have that arrogant snotty look of a typical JW?

Hera, Queen of the Gods and goddess of marriage. She was the [39] principal wife of Zeus, and, as queen of heaven, participated in the honours paid to him, but her dominion only extended over the air (the lower aƫrial regions). "I SIT A QUEEN" Isn't that phrase used quite often in your literature to describe the MOTHER OF BABYLON?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit