Field Service Antics ...

by writetoknow 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I live in the same place for about 4-years in those 4-years the witnesses have called three times. Now mind you I live right in town they never use the bible just leave a mag. they seem almost fearful to talk about the bible.

I never say a word just thank them and take the mags and throw it away. My point is what every happened to calling once a month I work out of my place so I would know how often?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Do you think that many of them are ashamed over the many fail prophecy and doctrinal changes over the last 10, 20 years. It pretty hard to have zeal if you inwardly believe the doctrine is not soundly based on truth.

• kwr
    kwr

Write to Know, Give me your address and I will send you a couple of mine that show up every month.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I am very certain that there are many JWs who realize that it is all a sham, but they hang on for various reasons.

For example, I know of a real estate agent elder who knows all about the crazy history and failed predictions, and the only reason he stays in is for the business he gets.

Many others are just hanging on because of family and friends. Obviously when this is the only reason you remain a JW, you are not exactly going to set any attendance records or be overflowing with zeal for the door to door sales calls.

can you say "crumbling from within"?

The Oracle

• XOCO
    XOCO

Ahh let me see,

after we the brother makes the groups all the group members will fight about who's turn to drive they will fight over this 4 20mins RETARDED LOL

also we would hang around the hall at chit chat (gossip) for about 30 mins

now that thats settle we get in the car and go right (wrong!!) 1st we gotta stop at chick fillet and organize our mags and order breakfast/burgers

after that we drive off and chit chat (gossip) as we go into the territory or do calls whatever

XOCO

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Well nothing really changes the same was going on 20-years ago, but to think they could organize a voting block to change something is like living the lie to be in the truth!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Time wasters? Let's see.

I have seen people straggle in 15 minutes late for the meeting for field circus. This disrupts the group, and they have to rearrange things. That wastes more time. Then the phone rings, and someone needs to be picked up.

On the way out, it takes 20 minutes or more to leave. Then we have to pick someone up, who of course is not ready. That can waste another 45 minutes. People have forgotten items like littera-trash, Bibles, and service bags at home or at the Kingdumb Hell. I have seen people have to go home to take their medicine. Then there is getting gas, putting air in the tires, and driving to a station across town to do that. I have also seen people go to the bank and waste half an hour or more there.

In the territory, I have seen quite a few time wasters. Starting from keeping my mouth shut as I see them pass the house or street that they are supposed to be on (they got pxxx when I did that). We walk like turtles to the doors, and half heartedly knock. I would pull a stunt that UPS commonly pulls (leaving before the householder has a chance to get to the door). Then there are the warm up breaks (where I would let the heat out of the car so they would take longer to warm up). I have stood out on calls, paying more attention to the landscaping than to people that I could have placed littera-trash with. And I liked fogging up the windows so they would waste more time clearing them.

Then there are the coffee breaks. We would sometimes go to donut shops or Seven-11. (No, I have yet to see the witlesses go to Starbucks, probably because they are too expensive for the witlesses and they are supposed to put the difference in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund instead of supporting those that work at Starbucks, probably at just above minimum wage). I have seen those Big Mac attacks, too. Of course, I liked it when that happened (even though I never had the Big Mac attack and I do not drink coffee), because I like anything that can disrupt field circus.

Then there are the calls. I liked having them drive across town, take all day to find a street (that I saw right away but kept my mouth shut), and then find the person not at home. Alas, in my congregation, they were very strict about keeping all the calls in one area instead of driving all the way across the territory and sometimes out of the territory and back on isolated calls. Of course, I like it best when someone that was formerly studying goes to an apostate Web site and discontinues the study.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Bourne, you forgot to list "cramps".

Sisters got an extra physical excuse to get out of it to equal the excuse the men got for having to "direct and shepherd" everyone else!

When I was pioneering, I actually took it very seriously and never tried to get out of doors. I was quite naive and shocked at all the time wasters, who were mostly elders wives, I might add. I got over it.

Funny true story. My stepmother, pioneer, elder's wife, was at the doctor and the doctor told her to start walking briskly every day for exercise. At least 30-60 minutes.

My stepmother tells her she already does, she is a JW and goes out walking in the ministry every day!

The doctor says, "Uhh, yeah... I've seen JW's out in the ministry. They walk really slooowly. That doesn't count!

Cog

• leaving-jws
    leaving-jws

I think the best way I have seen brothers get out of field service was driving around in their cars to "check on the others."

This one brother would strategically place publishers in two different territories and would drive around for a whole 1 hour "checking on everyone." Never saw he get out of the car.

Eventually, he would just disappear and everyone would have to stop field service because they had no direction.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I knew an elder that actually hated the door to door work so much he would have me fill in for him when the circuit overseer made arrangements to work with each elder in the door to door work.

Does some actually think the witnesses could vote as a block and change an election? I remember one circuit overseer bragging how if the witnesses were to fight in war they would have the greatest fighting force on earth!

Does anyone believe this bull after experiencing field service?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit