Field Service Antics ...

by writetoknow 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Do you remember all the munipulation and antics witnesses use to get out of actually going to the door and talking to people about the bible?

I only bring this up because in another thread I posted someone made the assertion that if witnesses voted as a group they would change the election. It like saying the witnesses go to every door in the world with the good news and their the only group doing the work!

I remember how many antics witnesses use to get out of knocking on doors... how much time they can wasted at the donut shop, driving all over the place to make return visit instead of knocking on doors.

Going to laundry mates dropping of mags...

So what excuses did you use to get out of the dreaded door to door work?

• Bourne
    Bourne

I have...........

1. to change my oil.

2. go to work.

3. pay a bill.

4. no money for donut shop.

5. a stomach virus.

6. diarreha.

7. mismatched socks.

8. forgot my suit coat.

9. forgot my winter coat (usually used in cold weather...but hey.)

10. run out of excuses....let's go.....sigh......

Bourne

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Cool...

You made my point in one post. I actually believed at one point they did cover the world with the messages --- geeeeeeeeeezzzz!

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Me and my friend would often do some ministry and then half way through say " right were off to macdonalds ".If looks would kill ! That was best bit of the ministry going to macdonalds .

We would leave everyone out on field circus and just take off.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

The elders are the worst! They have to put in an appearance to maintain their position they always seem to find away to shepard someone to keep from going to the door. I remember most the elders kept people to a time limit at the door so they could hurry back to the car.

Or my favorite the long meeting before service (at someone home) to cut time away from the door to door work. And of course the list of return visit that are never at home.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Service is all about counting time.

Service requires a whole new language related to time

"Starting your time" and "keeping your time going" only means anything to a group that is measured by how many hours they write on a month end report.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

So you mean it not about saving lives? Wow does that mean if you got your hours in for the month and someone wants to know about Jehovah they would have to wait until the next month time starts?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

When I first started studying in '79 I thought the ministry was serious business. It seemed to be the whole time I was in , phase one lasted about 11 years. Fast forward to phase 2 after I had been out for about 11 years. It was remarkably different. After a year back I seldom wasted my time although I did a lot of informal witnessing. I was disgusted by the lack of zeal, zig-zagging across the county and hardly ever any real door to door.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember as a kid going out in service with my father who was an elder. After we met for service our family would do a short magazine route and then go grocery shopping.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Rural work was the bomb.

Nice drive in the country interupted by a couple of minutes of irritation at a door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit