Did you have any self righteous holier than though in your congro??

by karter 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Oh, YES! My sister and her fat ass husband. She's always been soooooo perfect! And then she had a nervous brakdown 15 years ago and realized she wasn't perfect. She's still so righteous and holier than anyone else. Makes me sick. I have nothing to do with her. When the time comes for me to out myself as a RESISTER, she will be the first one that I attack. I'd love to face her with all the lies and deception of the wts.

NMG

• Robert7
    Robert7

I saw it, it wasn't too often, but I actually preferred to not to associate with them. For example, once at a gathering, I walked into a conversation where they said "we're discusing field ministry experiences". I just thought 'WTF' and got out of there.

Every religion has those who completely 110% drink the Kool-aid, and the JW's are obviously no exception.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Yes, many...but I have to say, this is also out in the "worldly" world too.

I was working for a boss who was "holier than thou" pentecostal.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

I have usually found them to be of the elder/pioneer class. Some MS's came into that class too, especially those who are working there way up.

The congregation that I am associated with several years ago did have a notorious family that even was "Holier" than God. Sadly, they moved into a congregation to where one of my mates lives in. They had caused a mass exodus of those in the congregation to leave and move into neighbouring congregations, but they still work in the the town they moved from. They would rather travel about two hours a day then associate themselves with that family in the congregation. Even though the father if that family is no longer an elder (he was actually forced into stepping down, but his wife went around telling that 'he had volutarily stepped down for the benefit of the congregation") that congregation is still in turmoil, even though they had two elders sent by the society to take care of the situation. As long as they are in the congregation, they will never recover from the hurt that they inflicted and nobody will move in there. They have even scared newly associated ones by their actions.

The stories that he tells me are quite funny and disturbing, and you really do have to shake your head with what they are doing to that congregation. They had moved into that congregation about 2001, and it looks like that they will most probably stay there until somebody does give them a death threat again. That's the reason why they HAD to move out of the congregation that I'm in now.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

My ex wife always had (and still has) the "holier than thou" disposition, which is especially evident since she was recently reinstated. She visited her old congregation immediately as if her being reinstated was some kind of glorious return that would involve rolling out the red carpet, etc... I laughed when hardly anyone even spoke to her!!
    The worst, though, is our PO, by FARRRR!!!!!!!! On top of being a judgmental a$$, he's a perfectionist. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE who ever worked for him ends up hating his guts until they get pounded with the "our brothers are imperfect, we should be forgiving" shpeel...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit