Did you have any self righteous holier than though in your congro??

by karter 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

We moved to a new congro when we got married there was a pioneer couple who looked down on anyone who wasn't as good as them.

My wife was pioneering i was working my butt off trying to save some money to buy a house (we did) these 2 looked down on anyone who brought anything nice ,we found out they were running down to the welfare for a Free handout at the expense of hard working people like me just to look good.

Take away the label pioneer they would probably support themselves.

Another solo mum living on welfare used to rave on how SHE pioneered lets face it having the state pay you to bring up one child she had plenty of time on her hands.

I was working on Council houses and helped her get one even helped her move into it ,soon after she married the father of her child (he became a jw) after the help my wife & i had given her we didnt get an invite to the wedding they only invited Elders , ms , regular pioneers one of my mates who was a pioneer said '' don't know why they invited me don't even know them''.

Fast forward after much , much ass licking (you had to see it to believe it ) he became an elder only to be removed a few months later

• zeroday
    zeroday

The entire Elder body and MS's and their wives, pioneers and wealthy that put on an air of humility (I already got mine and the new system too)...

• flipper
    flipper

KARTER- Oh, yes. Saw it all the time . I started a thread a few days ago talking about " cliques " in the congregations. Many were self righteous and only wanted to hang out with elders or pioneers to appear " spiritual " so as to get appointed to positions in the congregation. It nauseated me seeing people be fake like that

• Layla33
    Layla33

If anyone had one of the so-called "annointed" in the congro, I am sure they can attest to the holier than thou attitude. I know that as a JW growing up, I saw it all the even in my own family. I have an aunt and uncle and cousin who are some of the most snobby, stuck up, walking zealots you ever want to meet. He is a president overseer and she is a special pioneer or whatever they go by these days, but the way they look down their noses at people always amazed me, because beyond the walls of the JW, they were pretty poor, simple people who didn't have much and never ascribed to much, but inside those walls you would have thought they floated through the doors. I really believe this organization creates people like this because of those type of titles.

• oompa
    oompa

We had a window washer pioneer with wife as well. Skin cancer is eating his nose off...bad. He wont stop pioneering to get a job with insurance, and probably could not get it now anyway but could make some money for better treatment. Instead he goes around telling my son and others that he is not worried about the growing hole in his face, as he knows he will be in paradise someday......and at least he has a good life insurance policy!!!!!!!......................................................................oompa

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We had several in the last cong. My beloved sister is usually the designated self righteous holier than thou in any cong she graces with her presence. Though lately she has e-mailed me and called me and asked for pictures and let me call her. I expect that to stop when she reads the next lesson on useless apostates that is coming up soon.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - the secretary's wife

• leaving-jws
    leaving-jws

Oh yeah we did! Ironically, they were always the ones that were on the pioneers assist others committee! I remember I got signed up to be in the program by my book study overseer. My partner was so excited to have a publisher under her wings in the beginning. But then she started to feel like it was a burden as I would overhear her tell her friends, "I can't work with you guys today because I have to stay with her." Serves her right for being a busy body!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

My brother and his wife.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I used to be that guy. I was working full time and then pioneering 3-5 months a year. In addition to that I did almost all the upkeep on the hall and volunteered to do talks at the majority of meetings when others would not show up. I was also a huge loner and a loser. But I was the MAN. I was super uber ass kissing 'witness' man, and screw everyone that was not even close to my level of commitment. I look back now and realize what a d-uche bag I was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit