was anyone actually proud and happy to be spreading the word(ministry)

by looloo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The only time I enjoyed it was when I met someone in the field that was willing to challenge me - to ask all the difficult quesitons - and when I couldn't prove them wrong....an alarm bell went off, but not very loudly at first.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    was anyone actually proud and happy to be spreading the word(ministry)

NO

Because my family was brought up in it there wasn't really a choice

Exactly, there was no choice. If you didn't go out in service you couldn't go skating, to the movies or anything else that may have been fun!

Stupid cult I hated it then and I hate it now!

nj

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

When I was a kid I hated it.Being separated from my folks so they could work with the po or some other EXPERT. I did have fun with some of the other kids, since we would just go and knock and run away!! But that was only once in a while. Buuuuut I got baptized and took it seriously. I aux pioneered for several months off and on and had planned to go to beth-HELL. I even went to the field alone because no one else was going. Then the bs started to mount up and I had so much I could not take another bit of it and I lost my interest and zeal.

• yumbby
    yumbby

For about two years when I was trying to find meaning in life, I totally immersed myself in field service and meetings. I'd actually cry if I missed a meeting. I realize now I was just using it as a crutch, to belong to something, to feel like I had the answers. I'm disgusted at how self righteous I felt. YUCK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit