was anyone actually proud and happy to be spreading the word(ministry)

by looloo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

i can only think of one person who actually seemed to have "joy in her heart "on the min when i studied , and even the dubs used to hate being put with this person, it all seems so obvious now that it has nothing to do with a love for god , but doing whats expected of you

• Robert7
    Robert7

My opinion of this is that IF this was TRULY a lifesaving work, then ALL witnesses would and should be out ALL the time.

The reality is, based on the many people I've spoken to, is that most hate it, and do very little, which means they don't truly believe it's a lifesaving work.

• minimus
    minimus

In the 60s and early to mid 70s most JWs believed the End was gonna come so they felt good about what they did. Today, everyone knows it's bullsh#t.

• looloo
    looloo

do you think it is actually just part of the routine and nothing else? do you think they think its bullshit but have no choice but to do it ?

• prophecor
    prophecor

I believed that it was the only work to be done, on the entire planet. Every other endeavor for us, as human beings was close to being pointless. I was in a work that had the capacity to turn individuals around and in the end, ultimately save thier lives. Everlasting life, not the mere temporary moments we receive on this side of heaven. I was as strong a believer as could be found. And I believe that's the type of person the WTB&TS society was/is in search of, as regards new employees, new recruits, volunteers. Those who have this mythical, glorified, outlook as regards the disemanation of Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, propaganda, Bible Truths.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Proud? No. Happy? Hardly ever. I believed it, though; at least mostly.

The reality is, based on the many people I've spoken to, is that most hate it, and do very little, which means they don't truly believe it's a lifesaving work.

Good point. But then lots (most?) people don't do things that are obviously life-saving, either.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I was happy as a wee little girl, like promises of Disney Land known as "Paradise on Earth". But then I grew up and realized I couldn't memorize enough rebuttals, was tired of running from dogs and I wanted to watch Saturday morning cartoons. Bugs Bunny, anyone??

If the WTS decide that people no longer had to go out in the FS (which would never happen, since selling is what the organization is based on), there would be about 1 hour per person per month.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    In the 60s and early to mid 70s most JWs believed the End was gonna come so they felt good about what they did. Today, everyone knows it's bullsh#t.

This is pretty much the way I see it too. I was so "bold and fearless" to all my friends and relatives back then because I totally bought into the "WTS dream" of triumphantly marching through holocaust into the happy-happy promised land...and I wanted this for everyone!

I began to see later on down the road, that the WTS was not "the truth" and never had been. I bought into a gigantic pack of lies.

• myelaine
    myelaine

This is a good question...when I was studying, I was really looking forward to the time when I would have progressed enough to be able to go out...

I still really like the idea of "getting together with like minded people and spreading the Good News"...I would be happy and proud to do it...

Seems like a better way to spend time than warming up a church bench.imo.

love michelle

edited to add: this kind of activity should not be manditory, for the simple fact that not everyone likes to do it...:)

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just ask any Jehovah's Witness, "Exactly what is the 'Good News' that you are preaching"?

Most of them don't have a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit