Once You Had Doubts, How Long Before You Got On The Internet?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower Society keeps telling everyone to stay away from the evil internet. They claim that once you surf the internet, even if it's done innocently, it's the beginning of the end.

Were you personally affected in your faith because you turned on the computer? Would you say that the Information Highway is the vehicle that got you on the road to freedom of mind control?

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Would you say that the Information Highway is the vehicle that got you on the road to freedom of mind control?

Hello Minimus!

Definitively, Internet was the vehicle that opened my mind. I've been having doubts for years, but when I started a real research of my beliefs, then I noticed the lies. Reading the bible in context helped me too to notice the manipulations.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Immediately, and I never went to another meeting.

The evil internet is my new god.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had doubts long before I ever got on the internet. Internet access just helped me research my doubts a lot faster.

W

• lesterd
    lesterd

I found the internet to be an endless recource of research infomation that only built my beliefs in what the truth really is, it was like playing cards with a full deck, not just one suit. Evil exist everywhere, you have to know how much you want to swallow, or not and the single suit borg forced it all down our throats. I didnt look on the internet before because I didnt know the knowledge was ou there, didnt think any JW would ever vent their feelings and revealation so openly. It started for me when a dear freind, Wendy, shared CofC with me. Almost shaking I openned the book and read a lot of my own life experiences, I wasnt the devil, I wasnt crazy.

• minimus
    minimus

Before, you might've sneaked into a library and read an "apostate" book. Now you can research in the comfort of your home!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I wanted to get on the Internet and ask about my doubts, but I hit my posting limit.

• megaflower
    megaflower

yes, yes, and yes. The internet opened my eyes and reaffirmed the feeling I had about the wts. I bought ray franzs two books COC and In Search of Christian Freedom. Iam reading the later book now and I do recommend it, a very good read.

• rekless
    rekless

I was digging up some dirt on Rev. Jimmy Swaggart and found Jehovah Witnesses file friend of the court brief in behalf of Rev, Jimmy Swaggart...the I found the Mexican and Malawi topic then I ordered COC, then my wife died, then I quit, then DAed myself...and my sons and I never went back.

I wrote a book--"The Dream Pushers: Captivated by a System of Deceit" which is being read by a NY agency

http://thedreampushers.blogspot.com/

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

13 years. But only 8 years after the internet became a household standard.

Yeah. I know. I'm a late bloomer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit