gospel preached in all the world...and then the end shall come

by tula 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    The comments posted here so far have absolutely nothing to do with the information I posted.

lol, the comments were totally unrelated.

I just looked up about the Sentinelese. Wow, I can't believe people can stay, and want to stay so isolated. I wonder how the inbreeding has not led to genetic problems. I also noticed that these old tribes are always topless. When and from where did humans come to the idea that breasts must be covered.

• steve2
    steve2

Arab countries have barely been touched by the (modern) Christian message. India has a population over over 1 billion, if not more, and only a few thousand active JWs.

Simply put, the "gospel" has indeed been repeatedly preached in some regions of the world but in other significant regions, next to nothing has been heard of the "gospel".

• bob1999
    bob1999

"The age that was to end, the age that the disciples were asking about, was the Jewish (or Mosaic) age. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

I never said anything about the "end of the world". Those are your words.

What is going to end is the roots of Babylon which are still entwined in our way of life all over the world.

That is what is going to eventually come to an end."

That is true but not what Jesus was "giving the signs for" in Matthew, Mark and Luke.

He was answering the question ask of Him. About the end of the "age". Not the end of Babylon.

Peace.

• tula
    tula
    But, Tula, what's wrong? You have been a little testy lately on your posts. Even though you ask for comments, you don't like the comments you get. What's on your mind?

The comments posted here so far have absolutely nothing to do with the information I posted. There is a serious lack of reading comprehension on this board.

I wonder how many people just look at the heading and post something according to what they think the subject "might" be about?

The comments posted here so far have absolutely nothing to do with the information I posted.

lol, the comments were totally unrelated.

It's just the lack of reading comprehension, Hortensia. And in this case, a lack of reading, period.

Why do people reply to a question before they have heard it? Why do people look at a book title and assume they already know what it's all about?

I am glad that you found the info interesting.

• trudy
    trudy

Matthew 24:14, "And THIS GOSPEL" ...............This gospel is the one Christ and his apostles taught. It is not the same gospel the WATCHTOWER teaches. JESUS said "I AM THE DOOR">>>>>>> The WATCHTOWER CLOSED JESUS-- -( the heavenly door) THREE TIMES! Is this Christ's gospel?____________________What did Christ say about the Scribe and Pharisee? ( Matthew 23:13 )( Matthew 23:15 )( Matthew 5:20 )( Matthew 23:23 ) " But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven(God)from Men " _____________(1 John 2:24)"As for *you* let that which ye have heard from the beginning abide in you: if what ye have heard from the beginning abides in you, *you* also shall abide in the Son and in the Father."

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Why people want to stay so isolated - I don't know - perhaps they are very happy with their way of life and feel that outside interferance would just be that - interferance with everything they know and hold dear, and in the end even if they don't die out as a race they would lose their culture in whomever modernises them.

I say let them be, they have survived this long.

Here is South Africa a lot of our rural people still farm and live in huts as they have done for centuries & yes they bare their breasts - but obviously it's not frowned upon - we're quite used to it.

........and then the end shall come - open to personal interpretation - I believe my "end" has come - in that I"m no longer deluded, I know who I am, what I am and why I am.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The are hardly any publishers in North African {Muslim} countries. Middle East Iraq Syria and Iran had a couple hundred decades ago but that would have fizzled. Mongolia has some Witnesses for the first time. China has 1 billion people, but probably afew hundred Witnesses. Other Asian countries have few except Japan 222,000 and Korea 60,000.

• steve2
    steve2

Tula, you could be right: People have just seen your subject heading and got the wrong idea. Be patient, though, because criticising people for getting things wrong just keeps the chain of criticism going. It may also be worth aiming for a subject heading that more accurately sums up what you are talking about to reduce the likelihood that people may get the wrong idea. Just a thought.

• OBVES
    OBVES

Of course it was preached already to the whole world whenever the Jewish and Christaian were found . We interpret the Bible with the Bible.

Acts 2.5 : men from every nation under heaven were present which again has a relative meaning . Every nation where the scatterred nation of Israel was found.

Roman Empire was the whole world to people living back then in that empire- Luke 1.2

Because the understanding of the phrase is dependent on who is interpreting these words only true worshippers can recognize the situation is ripe for the end of the world to take place,; while others may wait untill all the people living on earth will hear the Good News and then they will know the end of the world is going to take place any day or so !

But note also there are various interpretations of the end of the world. The end of the world the way I interpret can be in stages .

So there will be for sure the time after Christ returns that all living people on earth then will hear the Good News .It depends also what kind of the end we have in mind and who will be living at that time when the given end of will take place.

• tula
    tula
    It may also be worth aiming for a subject heading that more accurately sums up what you are talking about to reduce the likelihood that people may get the wrong idea. Just a thought.

Yeah, Steve, I guess you are right.

Seems a few took a look at the link.

I don't think this crowd likes bible quotes.

It puts them on the defense.

Maybe from now on I will just title my threads something benign like....

ramblings

untitled

muse at play

then they can just be surprised at whatever they find.

no more disclosure.

Good idea.

Thanks. Tula

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit