Favorite Paul McCartney & Wings / Paul McCartney Solo Songs and Albums

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

So, at the request of another poster SSRRIOTSQUAD and others I wanted to get your opinion on your favorite Paul McCartney albums when he went solo either with the group Wings or without. Also your favorite songs by him after he left the Beatles ! So, it should be interesting ! Here are my picks for favorite songs and my favorite albums from McCartney as well !

2. Somedays

3. Let Me Roll It

4. Letting Go

5. Band on the Run

6. Maybe I'm Amazed

7. Lonely Road

8. Another day

9. My Love

10. Live and Let Die

1. Driving Rain - 2001

2. Flowers in the Dirt - 1989

3. Flaming Pie- 1996

• dinah
    dinah

Definitely "Maybe I'm Amazed"

It would be easier for me to give you an answer if you had asked which song by Paul McCartney I didn't like. Can't think of any.

Maybe I'm Amazed describes the way I feel about my husband. It takes a strong man to live through an "awakening" he has no clue about.

Oh I like Admiral Halsey, (however you spell it).

• Gopher
    Gopher

Of the ones you listed, I liked "Live and Let Die" and "Band on the Run" best.

Also from the "Wings" era --

Jet

Listen to What the Man Said

Let 'Em In

With A Little Luck

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Jeez Mr. Flipper this IS fun! Here goes--

Personal faves in chronological order(hopefully)

Another Day

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey

Hi Hi HI

Live and Let Die

Helen Wheels

Jet

Band on the Run

Juniors Farm

Sally G

Listen to What the Man Said

Silly Love Songs

Let 'em In

With a Little Luck

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

While he had a lot of good singles during the Wings period, I can't really endorse any of the albums in that period as favorites.

I think his best post Beatles album (not counting the McCartney solo album) is "Tug of War". He was hitting 40 when he made this album, John Lennon had recently been killed, and the album feels more grown up than his previous efforts.

"Flaming Pie", which was made while Linda was dying from cancer, is also an excellent album. I also like "Flowers in the Dirt".

Hmmm, Another common thread with all these is that he collobarated with other musicians on them. "Tug of War" had Stevie Wonder, Ringo Starr, and Carl Perkins. "Flowers" was with Elvis Costello. And "Flaming Pie" had Steve Miller.

I guess he works best when he has to bring his "A-Game" to the office, working with professional equals.

• DJK
    DJK

Too many to name. Live and let die with his live concert performance was fabulous IMO.

He did a protest song that ended up being banned in England. I think he was with Wings at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRc0ZPcZ7Xc

• kerj2leev
  • flipper
    flipper

DINAH- Maybe I'm Amazed was a great song ! Admiral Halsey or yeah, " Uncle Albert " as it's known - good song.

GOPHER- I too liked Live and Let Die and Band on the Run a lot too. In an interview one time Paul McCartney said his personal favorite song he wrote after leaving the Beatles was Band on the Run.

WORLD TRAVELLER- I loved Another Day ! Great song ! Live and Let Die, Band on the Run . Let's face it - Paul McCartney is one of the greatest songwriters of our time.

CAPTAIN SCHMIDEO- Great post ! I agree with your takes. I too liked Flowers in the Dirt and Flaming Pie . If you get a chance check out his album from 2001 - Driving Rain - lots of good Beatle type songs on there , great guitar playing , his son James even plays on one or two songs , and even some bluesy type songs on there. It is my personal favorite album from him. He did collaborate great with the artists you mentioned ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

DJK- Live and Let Die- great song ! GiveIreland Back to the Irish, I remember that one .

KERJ2LEEV- Say, Say, Say good song. Thanks

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

London Town

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit