The Tower ate many Baby Boomers

by Alex Delta 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

I do some thinking every once and a great while and had a little brain storm which to most of you is just a cloudy sky. Looking back into history I put one and two together and see that the Baby boomers came to be after the 4 first false prophecies of the Tower which were in 1914, 1915, 1925 and 1945. After all this jazz happens they have a huge fall out and change and twist their doctrine to set up their next sales pitch, and wouldn't you know it, who's there for the Towers perfect meal, Baby boomers, the Tower chew's away and gets pretty full for they're plenty of them, those ingredient were perfect. These people grew up with wars, tons of protest's, scandals you name it there was plenty of things happening to them, add a little this and a dash of that and that's what the Tower loves to feed on the feared. Am I off base, do you all agree? Then you've got 1975, 30 years later, by this point there so hooked the Tower keeps most of them and there spawn proceeds.

• sir82
    sir82

Dude, can you pass some of whatever you're smokin' over here?

I can't parse even one sentence out of all of that!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's actually a really interesting thought, and some very good points. An even better thought is when the baby boomers start to cack, the WT's membership will really start to rollercoaster downhill.

And then there's the youth who are dumping out because they're incredibly internet savvy.

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

sir 82 what part? and maybe you can set me straight

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

WT's membership will really start to rollercoaster downhill.

pending if there is not another major war that may create another baby boom to emerge

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

That is an interesting thought and then to top it all off, they hit Gen-X and we just slack them into oblivion?

• Carmel
    Carmel

A lot of religion is motivated by fear, the JWs are experts at it. Unfortunately, the politics in America mimics religious convictions and world view, so 911 mania is simply a repeat of cold war fear mongering. As more information on JW hypocracy is available on the web fewer will be influenced by the fear of loosing everlasiting life, blah, blah, blah! carmel

• penny2
    penny2

Lots of baby boomers fell off the wagon on the way though. Especially in the years after 1975. People don't like being lied to. Even worse when they call it "The Truth".

• Alex Delta
    Alex Delta

Yea penny your right allot did, but by the time 1975 happened they're whole lives were already to deep into it. Their families & friends were mostly all J dubs, their lives were to custom to it and thats why a majority stayed.

• penny2
    penny2
    Their families & friends were mostly all J dubs, their lives were to custom to it and thats why a majority stayed.

In a few countries like The Netherlands, whole families and groups of families left around 1977 - 1978. And some who left were outspoken in the media.

It interests me why this happens in some countries and not others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit