Hi from a new member in North Florida!

by BinaryThaumaturgy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((B T ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME

Same old Arc of Salvation.............keeps taking on water and the passengers are jumping ship.

NMG

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hey welcome to jwd. weve all been there at one time or another, leaving a cult that forces you to associate with only other cult members and not only that...... but to alienate any other friends or family you might have. by refuseing to associate with them...... or by preaching to them and running them off.

quite normal to leave that cult completely socially retarded and lost. dont mind the comments about you still being judgemental......... it takes years to get that out of your system.... trust me i know.

when you leave the cult there are stages you go through....... you first leave and you know all they taught you was total bull but you dont know what the bible really says....... you doubt everything they said untill its proven to you. or you reject religion completely.

heres some truths that might help you....... not all worldly people are immoral..... its true that some are totally immoral and sleep with whom ever they choose whenever they want......... but then again....... so do some elders dont they. now being raised a witness you got a totally skewed view of dateing and marriage. you dont need a chaperone, and are perfectly entitled to do what you want with whomever you want (just like the "immoral" people) its just up to you and your conscience as to who you pick and whether you want a relationship or not.

i would recommend that you look at your own personal interests.. what do you like to do for fun. then when you have that narrowed down.... look for clubs or places where that particular thing is done or talked about.... and look for people to date that share those same interests. make friends with other people shareing those interests will put you in contact with others they know who like the same things........ next thing you know you will find a girlfriend/boyfriend who at least has one interest in common withyou.

good luck in breaking free of those residual chains the wt leaves on all of us

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

From Tallahassee here. Welcome to the forum. If you want a friend, you will have to be a friend to someone. Sometimes he/she will come to you, but more often than not you will have to find him/her.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Hi, and welcome! The wife and I are up in Jacksonville if you ever get up this way let us know!

As to "pithy and immoral..." Well right before I left all of my friends were df'ed in a group for orgies and wife swapping (they literally read a list of names) So I wouldn't go around screaming about how "moral" the witnesses are. That said, now that I'm out I've come to the obvious conclusion that I'm an adult and can pretty much do what I want with my body as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and is with a consenting adult, regardless of what some jack-hole Shepard said 3000ish years ago! As for pith... Well I've got a 4 year old and she just recently stopped pithing herself so she's ok...

Pm me if you every feel like getting together, it's hard to make new friends sometimes so you can come up here we'll have a junior grade apostafest!

• looloo
    looloo

welcome newbie in florida , i went to west palm beach once , best hol i ver had ! there are good and bad in this old world just like in the kingdom hall , take things really slow , a lot of disfellowshippd i know did the rebelling bit that they should have done in their teen years to late when they escaped the cult and went totally off the rails , and you can still lead a moral life and not be a dub despite what you have been programmed to think

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Welcome to the board.

Birds of a feather flock together, find out what kind of bird you are and then flock there.

Everyone has the same issue to deal with. The innernet should be helpful.

From what I've seen, most worldly people make friends where they work. It usually evolves alcohol or drugs.

I play music in a band, I find accquaintences there.

I have played softball, soccer, volleyball and hockey. You meet friends there.

Take a class you meet people there.

Become a local leader of Ron Paul.

Go to eharmony.com

make a myspace page.

Join the Navy.

I said navy not army or marines.

Come here and talk to us. We used to have a poster called the wanderer here. He was from around Ocala. Then they ran him off. He was a swell guy. Maybe he's lurking and will hook up with you, although there is an age difference.

Keep plugging away, your experience is not unique and your not the lone ranger.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Hey, welcome to the board. I went to High School in Ocala, Forest High School. That was a very long time ago (Graduated 1980) I live in Las Vegas now.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Sent you a PM "Binary"

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome BT to the board from Mr. & Mrs. Flipper ! You will find lots of support here ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit