Tax Revolt

by frankiespeakin 79 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

My family could tell you a few things about how wonderful communism is.

Burn

Yep seeing as the system that was there before it was such a great thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista

You want to know what Cuba would be like today had Fidel not come to power go to Hati.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You want to know what Cuba would be like today had Fidel not come to power go to Hati.

Not so. And you would have no way of knowing that. Under the old regime at least they could own their own home and reap the benefit of their own labors.

Burn

• 5go
    5go

Not so. And you would have no way of knowing that. Under the old regime at least they could own their own home and reap the benefit of their own labors.

Burn

The old system was a dictatorship and even if they had gotten out from under it (doubtful see Fidel) It still would of been a third world country under the American empire no different the Haiti, Dominican Rep, Mexico, and all of Central and South America.

If anything you should be thanking Fidel your in this country because of him and better off personally right? If he hadn't came into power your relatives would of had their butts shipped back to Cuba to starve like the Haitians and you wouldn't be here typing on a computer defending the system that really has no care for people in poverty especially if they are in another country. It's their fault remember! If the live in squallier they should just work harder to get out of it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

5go, BTS, & Journ,

I fail to see what all the banter you 3 are engageing in has anything to do with the subject of "Tax Revolt", albeit perhaps remotely germane.

Lets stick to the subject, and discuss the wrongness/rightness or stragey,and perhaps the individuals, and cumulative effect on the US government's Imperialistic warmongering policies in relationship to the subject of tax resistance.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If he hadn't came into power your relatives would of had their butts shipped back to Cuba to starve like the Haitians and you wouldn't be here typing on a computer defending the system that really has no care for people in poverty especially if they are in another country. It's their fault remember! If the live in squallier they should just work harder to get out of it.

No. They left because of him. Dummy.

I think this movie realy captures the feel of the thing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343996/

• 5go
    5go
    Lets stick to the subject, and discuss the wrongness/rightness or stragey,and perhaps the individuals, and cumulative effect on the US government's Imperialistic warmongering policies in relationship to the subject of tax resistance.

I am about to tie all this in with this post Frankie.

Your relatives leaving Cuba because of Castro was about as dumb as you leaving the US because your tax bill got to high. Which is really what Castro was all about he took power (which is what money is) away from the Havana Club Owners (the Italian Mafia) and gave it back to the people. If they wanted a change they should of stayed and tried to bring it about (which the people of Cuba didn't and still don't want) instead of running away to the US on my dime. Cuban refugees cost the US government money to be rescued and supported while they get their lives in order.

Why should I be forced to pay for that then if I don't agree with it. If you don't like the US system and how it people are starting to want it run. Then you and your relatives should go back to Cuba then and effect change there. The Cubans in America keep telling me that their relatives back home want change ( despite western journalist finding quite the opposite is true ) go start a revolution like Fidel did. Which I am sure the US Government will help you with my tax dollars sadly.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Your relatives leaving Cuba because of Castro was about as dumb as you leaving the US because your tax bill got to high.

Bullshit. They left because their freedoms were taken by a Communist tyrant. Once property rights go, all the rights go.

Cuban refugees cost the US government money to be rescued and supported while they get their lives in order.

You leave my family out of this. My family took nothing. They came in the 60s. They flew here and pulled themselves up by the boot straps. There was no public assistance. They were not rescued. They did not take a dime from anyone.

If they wanted a change they should of stayed and tried to bring it about (which the people of Cuba didn't and still don't want)

I have an uncle that was taken as a political prisoner. They shot him in prison without trial. There was no body to bury. I would like to have known him. Another one was taken in for questioning and tortured. They even shot him in the arm. He is an old man now and he still has the bullet scar on his arm.

If you don't like the US system and how it people are starting to want it run.

My family left. I was born here. I am an American. I have as much say as you do. More, since I contribute more. This is MY HOME. I am not going ANYWHERE. I am going to STAND MY GROUND.

Burn

• 5go
    5go
    Bullshit. They left because their freedoms were taken by a Communist tyrant. Once property rights go, all the rights go.

Funny I for that to happen you would of had to had freedom first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista Oh I guess capitalist tyrants are less prone to hurt the upper class. Though his record wasn't very good on the lower classes. Which is the reason we have Fidel.

Speaking of which why don't we peek into your mind a bit and leave this topic to the real thing it is trying to address.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/151498/1.ashx

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Why I'm in Tax Revolt with State Income tax: Imprisioning poor people, instead of helping them. Most people that are in state and county prisons should not be there and must go free.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My state has sales taxes, so I guess I would just have to starve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit