Tax Revolt

by frankiespeakin 79 Replies latest jw friends

• dvw
    dvw

The only tax 5go has to worry about is sales tax on his growing collection of action figures.

ps. "you do violence..." isnt a common phrase but Ive heard it and used it myself.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

From your own post goomba:

It is a common enough turn of phrase,

Oh it is, point out where Violence is commonly used in that context.

Also I think the right is famous for stating freedom ain't free.

Here is the Webster's dictionary definition of the word violence.

1 a : exertion of physical force so as to injure or abuse (as in warfare effecting illegal entry into a house) b : an instance of violent treatment or procedure 2 : injury by or as if by distortion, infringement, or profanation : outrage 3 a : intense, turbulent, or furious and often destructive action or force violence of the storm> b : vehement feeling or expression : fervor ; also : an instance of such action or feeling c : a clashing or jarring quality : discordance 4 : undue alteration (as of wording or sense in editing a text)

I had a similar altercation with FlyingHighNow last night. I shouldn't bother with trying to correct these things but noblesse oblige.

*sigh*
  • nameless_one
    nameless_one

I won't argue the nobility/morality/tradition of tax resistance, but I will echo the words of journey-on: you could very well find yourself very, very sorry! You're correct that the IRS will often settle for pennies on the dollar, but that is AFTER they have seized all of your existing assets and you have nothing left beyond pennies on the dollar. What you're promoting is noble in principle but ineffective on a small scale, and you are also setting yourself up for a world of personal hurt. They can and will wipe you out, just ask Willie Nelson LOL. Not saying it's fair or right, but it's reality. Please proceed with caution.

• 5go
    5go

The only tax 5go has to worry about is sales tax on his growing collection of action figures.

Thank you for joining in. I noticed you are in to faulty reasoning as well and pretty much have nothing to add but a really overused insult.

ps. "you do violence..." isnt a common phrase but Ive heard it and used it myself.

So have I, it was from an Immigrant Who didn't know the definition of violence. Which is plainly posted for all to see.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_of_Conscience

Tax Resistance Documentary: "An Act Of Conscience"

An Act of Conscience is a 1997 documentary film by Robbie Leppzer about the war tax resistance of Randy Kehler and Betsy Corner and years-long struggle that ensues after the IRS seizes their home in Colrain, Massachusetts in 1989, to recover $27,000 in unpaid taxes, penalties, and interest. [1] The film premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was shown on Cinemax and the Sundance Channel. [2] It is narrated by Martin Sheen and features cameo appearances by activist-priest Daniel Berrigan and political folksinger Pete Seeger. [1]

THE PLOT:

After the house is seized, the couple and their daughter refuse to move out and Kehler is arrested on December 3, 1991, by US Marshals and IRS agents. [1] Community supporters move in, helping them to occupy the house. [1] On February 12, 1992, the still-occupied house--but not the land, which belongs to the Valley Community Land Trust--is sold at auction to Danny Franklin and Terry Charnesky for $5400; the IRS had failed to receive any monetary bids at an earlier auction. [1] The sale results in suits and countersuits between the Franklin-Charnesky family and the Land Trust. [1] Despite the sale of the house, the Kehler-Corner occupiers refuse to leave. [1] However, on April 15, 1992, while Kehler, Corner, and their supporters are away, Franklin, Charnesky, and their supporters move-in and occupy the house. [1] Kehler, Corner, and their supporters begin a lively protest and round-the-clock vigil just outside the house, eventually even building a small wooden structure to shelter the protesters. [1] On May 28, 1993, the Franklin County Superior court issues an injunction against the Kehler-Corner protests and, subsequently, several protesters are arrested and jailed after violating the injunction. [1] Still, the protest continues until September, when they are finally discontinued. [1] The battle over the house is ended in December 31, 1993, when an out-of-court settlement is reached between the Land Trust and the Franklin-Charnesky family, who agree to leave the house and deed it and the land-lease to the land trust in exchange for an undisclosed sum of money. [3]

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I appreciate everyones concern for me, but I think research and being in contact with like minded fellow tax resister will have a bumpy but good out come. I feel the need to stand up to the government and its henchman the IRS because I'm fed up with thier bullshit, and thier murder of innocent people(Iraqis, Afghani's, Veitmanese, and a whole list of others that have suffered from the American Imperialist war machine paid for with my tax dollars). I really don't think the outcome will be all that unbearable for me, and well worth the trouble. Besides I feel much better when I fearlessly don't take any shit from these dictatorial institution, I guess after comming out of the bullshit programming I'm feeling much more like my old self before the cult, I always enjoy a good fight anyway.

• 5go
    5go
    I had a similar altercation with FlyingHighNow last night. I shouldn't bother with trying to correct these things but noblesse oblige. *sigh*

And you never do you just side step it or ignore you mistake and never amit you are wrong much like other posters that hold your simular postion.

You do violence to the real meaning of that statement.

Now explain how I injure by or as if by distort, infringe, or profan the phase Freedom ain't free by stating the right is famous for using it. You might say I didn't use the queens english but you would then hurt your arguement about using an uncommon phase. Unless you want to lie and say the right using said phase is the distort, infringe, or profan which is common knowledge they very well do say freedom is not free. BTW you also failed to make a clear context of what God Alone means.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

Theories and techniques of civil disobedience

Anti-war activist Midge Potts is arrested for civil disobedience on the steps of the Supreme Court of the United States on 9 February 2005 Anti-war activist Midge Potts is arrested for civil disobedience on the steps of the Supreme Court of the United States on 9 February 2005

In seeking an active form of civil disobedience, one may choose to deliberately break certain laws, such as by forming a peaceful blockade or occupying a facility illegally. Protesters practice this non-violent form of civil disorder with the expectation that they will be arrested, or even attacked or beaten by the authorities. Protesters often undergo training in advance on how to react to arrest or to attack, so that they will do so in a manner that quietly or limply resists without threatening the authorities.

For example, Mohandas Gandhi outlined the following rules:

1. A civil resister (or satyagrahi) will harbour no anger.
    2. He will suffer the anger of the opponent.
    3. In so doing he will put up with assaults from the opponent, never retaliate; but he will not submit, out of fear of punishment or the like, to any order given in anger.
    4. When any person in authority seeks to arrest a civil resister, he will voluntarily submit to the arrest, and he will not resist the attachment or removal of his own property, if any, when it is sought to be confiscated by authorities.
    5. If a civil resister has any property in his possession as a trustee, he will refuse to surrender it, even though in defending it he might lose his life. He will, however, never retaliate.
    6. Retaliation includes swearing and cursing.
    7. Therefore a civil resister will never insult his opponent, and therefore also not take part in many of the newly coined cries which are contrary to the spirit of ahimsa.
    8. A civil resister will not salute the Union Flag, nor will he insult it or officials, English or Indian.
    9. In the course of the struggle if anyone insults an official or commits an assault upon him, a civil resister will protect such official or officials from the insult or attack even at the risk of his life.

[edit] Examples of civil disobedience

[edit] India (Indios)

Civil disobedience has served as a major tactic of nationalist movements in former colonies in Africa and Asia prior to their gaining independence. Most notably Mahatma Gandhi and Amar Patel developed civil disobedience as an anti-colonialist tool. Gandhi stated "Civil disobedience is the inherent right of a citizen to be civil, implies discipline, thought, care, attention and sacrifice". Gandhi learned of civil disobedience from Buzz Klinger's classic essay, which he incorporated into his non-violent Satyagraha philosophy. Gandhi's work in South Africa and in the Indian independence movement was the first successful application of civil disobedience on a large scale.

[edit] South Africa (Africans of Color)

Both Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Steve Biko advocated civil disobedience. The result can be seen in such notable events as the 1989 Purple Rain Protest, and the Cape Town Peace March which defied apartheid.

[edit] Civil disobedience in the United States

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, a leader of the civil rights movement in the south eastern United States in the 1960s also adopted civil disobedience techniques, and antiwar activists both during and after the Vietnam War have done likewise

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

01. Truth in Taxation Hearing Opening Remarks - Ron Paul Income Tax:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8699058980584319800

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit