1000 asked to leave bethel complexes

by atpeace 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

I am just waiting for the bean counters to figure out that they can print a few public mags in China cheaper than doing it in house. The regular JW's will have to use printouts from digital media sent to every KH each month. They can layoff 90% of the Bethel workers and if they do away with the weekly bookstudy they can save a ton of money by eliminating new study books every year and nobody will complain about having an extra evening at home.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Not sure, but I'm assuming the 1000 figure has been reductions over the last 2-3 years. But more reductions will probably follow.

I was in Beth-hell for over a decade and saw a lot come and go. Several times they tried the 'reduce through attrition', simply that as people left, don't replace them. The problem was that they lost the very people that were vitally skilled and could easily go out and get a good job. Others were given the option of going directly to Gilead or MTS.This left Bethel with the unskilled, poorly motivated, and under-performers.

Another circumstance that brought about my departure was the decision to reduce the people in a vital department by letting other departments pick out the people they wanted. Some of the best got grabbed out to other departments, the skilled that were left were burnt out and many left, the rest were either incapable of their jobs or did the best they could. Me, I burnt out and left. Lots of others left or were asked to leave around the same time. Shortly thereafter, Bethel started pushing more out to 'special pioneering' assignments.

WTBTS is losing a lot of dead weight with these reductions, but they're also losing brains and talent. I think it's all about reducing expenses and faking prosperity while their false prophecies and imaginary kingdom crumbles.

• zarco
    zarco

Yes an additional round of "layoffs" is going on. Many of those being assigned to the field have close to 30 years at Bethel. It is rumored that two members of the writing staff are going out as special pioneers. Most of those with significant years are given special pioneer status whereby they receive health care and a monthly stipend. Many of the layoffs occurred this past week. Of course the spin is "we are so close to the time of the end that we need all out in the field" and "many congregations need the experienced ones from Bethel to help prepare for persecution".

Zarco

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

fffff

two members of the writing staff are going out as special pioneers
    Many of the layoffs occurred this past week

Oooooooh I wonder whyyyyyyy. Too many jests I suppose???? Hmmmmm

I can just hear the GB scream at them "HOW DARE YOU PUT JESUS ON A LAME HORSE AND PISS OFF JEHOBAH"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit