1000 asked to leave bethel complexes

by atpeace 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• monophonic
    monophonic

don't they also give them some bs that says, we trained you to be ______, so when you go out into the 'world' you should be able to get a job in publishing.

and publishers are always looking for people to fill positions from the wtbts since the quality of the magazine, and journalistic integrity and thorough research before spinning all 'worldly' sources to fit their mold.....you know what i mean.

seriously, the national enquirer has more journalistic integrity than the wt.

another reason they don't want you to go to school, to be more educated than the self righteous janitors responsible for most of the content of the publication.

• notyetx
    notyetx

Are there particular types of positions targeted for downsizing? It would seem that technology upgrades would make some of the old printing, packing and shipping jobs redundant.

It is a shame that the WTBTS does not give a severance to these folks. It is nominally "volunteer" but these folks have foolishly allowed themselves to become "employees" in at least the broad sense of the term.

Is it just me or does it seem that the people that most quickly come to a realization of the big problems of the WTBTS come from 1) the Bethel ranks or 2) the elder ranks? Maybe too much inside information is a bad thing for blind faith.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

AHA!!! They are kicking out the bethel artists who did discredited the great OZ

• lrkr
    lrkr

It started again a few weeks ago. 1000 sounds like a severe exaggeration. I heard that there were 40 at WTF leaving. Still new ones coming in- young, dont mind cleaning toilets. It will be tough for anyone to recommend a "Bethel Career" after this.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My guess is that eventually there will be some who come upon JWD and start posting here as disgruntled JW's or they will wind up being full blown "apostates" like the rest of us who have been set free.

I can't wait to hear some of the inside story. Maybe......just maybe......there will be someone......who is higher up will realize they've been hoodwinked for decades and write another expose of the WT.

HappyDad

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

there isn't much of an inside story. Bethel workers are after all, workers. No inside scoop. Just Poop. They were used in their prime and now they are out. I think working in NY or the farm is the best apostate training one can get

• compound complex
    compound complex

We are getting a special pioneer (one of many persons slated to leave Bethel) and the next congregation a retired CO.

At least one will live in a trailer.

In March ...

CC

• mann377
    mann377

I think working in NY or the farm is the best apostate training one can get

You can say that again!!!! That was the begining of my deprograming, back in ''76

• lrkr
    lrkr
    Are there particular types of positions targeted for downsizing? It would seem that technology upgrades would make some of the old printing, packing and shipping jobs redundant.

Yeah- the following positions are targeted: whiners, people who miss too much work, people who are not zealous enough, etc, etc. Seriously, there is no "technology" component- that would indicate organizatonal intelligence- which is non existent. Just a chance to get rid of non-performers. Sucks- because the whole culture of Bethel encourages non-performance.

• lrkr
    lrkr
    They didn't give them gold watches, they gave them a dildo and told them to stick it up their asses...becasue they're all screwed!

Deserves a LOL and BTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit