Warning To All Posters Here!!!

by SWALKER 79 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    You might also want to re-think that 'we' idea

I had a mental lapse there for a minute. I usually always say what I believe. Rising...didn't mean to offend you so horribly, I'll really try and watch that for next time!

Just to keep things on topic here...if you have an issue in another thread about another topic, feel free to discuss it there. This thread is about outing people.

Swalker

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::This thread is about outing people.

Yes, it is. As such, the point is relevant. Outing people is wrong, whether someone does it TO another poster, or FORCES the poster to do it to themselves as a defense against irrational paranoia.

• wednesday
    wednesday

someone was outed when i was a newbie. i was terrified. someone printed out their posts and brought it before a jc and that persons family was so embarrassed that they stopped posting, at least under the screen name they had.

• Warlock
    Warlock

SWALKER

Thanks for the warning.

As for the "troll" issue, we all know "J.W. Speak" and when something does not seem to be adding up, I think we have the right to suspect someone may be a "troll".

Warlock

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

someone was outed when i was a newbie.

It's sad for anyone to do that to another person, especially when you think someone is your friend. I have tons of family members still in and I would really hate to lose my contact with them just because someone outed me. If I choose to do it, it should be my decision.

Swalker

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When you do anything that deviates from the WT norm and even when you just miss meetings due to illness, etc., you run the risk of being labled an apostate. I was treated as suspicious just because I was sick a lot and missed meetings. One way or another, a person who is fading or in still with doubts, eventually you might be found out. You don't have to post on JWD to be outed.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    You don't have to post on JWD to be outed.

FHN...it's getting to be a police state and the elders think they are the police!

Swalker

• horrible life
    horrible life

I haven't been on much lately. When I have a few minutes down time, I have been just looking mainly at thread topics. A red flag waved at me a few days ago.

I responded to a post of theirs several months ago. Since then, several other topics of a familiar subject was broached by this poster. I thought it weird, and felt the flag, but denied it to myself. After I read Skullys post, I thought immediately about this poster. Another poster had the same idea. So I looked at the posting history of this person,

Kinda scary. What I thought I would find, was worse.

I have always said, that I didn't care if I was outed, I have been out for so long, and estranged from my family, on MY terms. But I did stop and think for a few seconds, on what I have revealed about my self publicly here.

I still decided that I really didn't care, but to someone who does care, It would be horrendous for someone to do this.

If it is who I suspect, who outed the friend of Swalker, I have a few words for you.

NO YOU AREN'T!!!!!!!!! Shame on you!! Karma will get you.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I would NEVER and I have NEVER rat anyone to anyone. Period!

• cognac
    cognac

Swalker ~

I perfectly understand that things may not seem to add up with a newbie. I appreciate that and understand that completely I also understand that because things don't seem to add up you can't be forced into trusting that person until you feel comfortable that they are verified to the point that you can fully trust that they are not a troll. I can really appreciate that and respect that.

However, even if you don't trust a newbie, please do not say things that may hurt them, even if you don't trust them. Because, even though you may in fact be very right, you also may be wrong. What if that person that you were speaking to was on the verge of suicide and came here as a last resort and then they got a response such as the one you have previously posted? How would that make you feel that YOU may have cut off there last resort for really openning up about things? I'm just saying please be careful also...

Considering how the society views places like these, wouldn't it be reasonable that most JWs would only come here as a very last resort? Please be careful in scaring these very people off... Its a very sad thing when people like this have nowhere to go...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit