I cannot believe how brazen some people can be

by unbeliever 30 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

My bf and I have been together for about 2 years. He has this ex gf from college who he stayed friends with. I am not the jealous type so I never cared even though he had a problem with me being friendly with my exes. Anyway to make a long story short she sends him this 17 page hand written love letter proclaiming her undying love saying she never stopped loving him, she wants to be with him. She writes chapter and verse of their whole relationship back in college. The part that really pissed me off is when she said that she would love our son as her own if he left me. Then in the next sentence she writes how devastated she was when she found out I was pregnant and was even more heartbroken when he left London and moved to the US. Her marriage had just ended right around the time I got pregnant but she wrote how she thought she had lost him forever. She wrote that she decided to confess how she really feels because it's obvious he has no intention of marrying me. I wanted to call that bitch up and tell her that he has asked me to marry him but I feel that living together is the better option for us. She made many assumptions.

This letter freaked him out because they broke up 15+ years ago. He wrote this 2 line e-mail telling her what they had was in the past and had no future together. She writes a pathetic response saying to really think about it and she will respect any decision he makes. He told me he will have no further contact with her.

Can you imagine someone actually pulling a stunt like this. We're a family and have a child and she thinks she has a right to do something like that. I wonder if she is mentally ill or something. Only someone with a few screws lose would do something like that and write the shit that she did. I think she would just die if she knew I read the letter. You think I should e-mail her and mock her and what she said?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Wow!

I've heard of these sort of things; but of course, to have it actually happen to you...well that's an entirely different story.

I think your boyfriend's 2 line e-mail, should suffice.

If you write to her, it could only exacerbate matters. She'll probably cry foul, leaving you to be exactly what her twisted unwell mind thinks about you (right or wrong). It could only further more unnecessary agonizing misery for both of you and your son. You don't want that now, do you? I don't think so.

Your boyfriend says he won't have further contact with her. Trust him on that.

He can tell; she's a good reason why she is an: ex

Enjoy your lives together. I can only hope this will be the end of any correspondence from her.

Best wishes.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Whoa!

I wouldn't email her-she sounds crazy. It will just add fuel to the fire.

I understand you contemplating it though...I'd be steamed too!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

For some reason he says she is not crazy. So far I have not e-mailed anything.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Don't email anything, this person obviously doesn't want to really hurt anyone, or she'd be doing more than writing a letter. Hopefully that is all she does.

• sspo
    sspo

She has to be nuts or stupid or just trying to cause trouble with your bf.

Do not respond and it will die out.

• freeme
    freeme

hey!

i wouldnt try to hurt her. i dont think she actually want to hurt you. of course she does, but it takes a lot of courage to pull a "stunt" like this and make such a soul strip to risk everything. its very likely that she really feels like described and that she may suffer from it. its a bad situation for you and i know how you may feel, but try to get over it. you are the winner so be happy like one ;)

freeme

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

She could just be in a really lonely and bad place in her life and trying to desperately make herself feel better by resurrecting a long lost romance. She doesn't know you so it is hard for her to care about you. Just leave it alone and let it go. Your husband handled it just right.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

there are plenty of couples living together who don't love each other and are still together for convenience or 'for the children'

and there are plenty of couples who are not together because neither one was willing to say that they wanted to be together.

brazen she may be...but crazy or even deliberately hurtful i don't think so (at this point)

better to be brazen than alone i say.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ignore her. She's less than gauze in the wind. Because of the stellar response from your guy.

In my opinion, he's a keeper. He responded appropriately, and he made his intentions clear. Give him a hug and a kiss for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit