UN involvement announced at Assembly?

by Simon 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

TheWiz,

As a Catholic I will admit that the Church has a poor track record of dealing with abuse cases, but percentage wise the WTBTS is worse by far.

Also, an interesting fact, by percentage pediatricians are more likely to be pedophiles than are ministers, according to a 1999 APA article.
    To some of your specific charges...

The Tablet is a news magazine, and fairly balanced. The WT & A print drivel, misquote, make up quotes, etc.

The Church was responsible for saving 800,000 Jews, and was hailed as the loudest voice in europe against Nazism. More Catholic Priests were killed in the camps than there were JW's IN the camps. Over 3300 Priests were killed in Dachau main camp alone.

The Inquisition, a bad deal no doubt, but people have exagerated it. In the Spanish Inquisition torture was used in only 15% of the cases and death in less than 2% for a total of only some 2400 dying. The Spanish Inquisition, as bad as it was and the church should have had no part in it, was the most liberal court of it's day.

For all it's faults the Catholic Church has helped far more people than the WTBTS could ever hope to.

As to the doctrinal issues you mention, the Trinity, etc, I'd love to engage you in a debate, care too?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

thewiz,

Nobody is defending the Catholic Church. The Tablet is not an organ of the Catholic Church and can and will print whatever it likes, including articles that point to severe problems with the Catholic Church, as well as other religions. The WT magazine, otoh, contains demonstrable lies that the WTS refuses to correct.

That having been said, what eaxctly don't you like about Bates' article - other than that it was printed in the Tablet? Butthen again, what about his Guardian articles? Be specific and honestly tell us what's wrong with it. I'll start by noting that the article confuses the scarlet coloured beast with Babylon the Great. So, what else?

Lionel

• rekless
    rekless

may I use your letter.?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Lionel,

I'm defending the Catholic Church!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Lionel_P_Hartley
  • thewiz
    thewiz

Yerusalyim -Where's the "missing" J [8>]?

I do like that moniker.

One point I would like to make.

Every year the Pope can be seen on the T.V. every Christmas Day
    Dec. 25th.

He extoles all the virtues of Christ (makes me want to cry, it's sooo tender), who was born THIS day, so many years ago...

Tell me, is that a lie or is that the truth? When you are done answering, go look these up -Jo. 8:44, Ro 1:25, lastly -Lu. 6:42

You'll no doubt apply it to the WTBS, but that does not release you from your guilt by associating with the catholic church.

You hate one lying borg (WTBS) and yet you belong to another (CATHOLIC).

• Topangagal
    Topangagal

Die Hard JWS would never admit their precious WTBTS could ever do wrong!! They are all brain dead!!

Topangagal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit