UN involvement announced at Assembly?

by Simon 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

I heard from someone that the WTS was going to or had already announced something about the UN involvement at an assembly. Anyone else heard of this or is it a local thing ?

I would guess they may have only done this because of the coverage in the UK national newspaper which they know they have to counter. Do you think this may make more JWs aware of it and perhaps make them search out further information ?

You can be sure it is having an impact if they see the need to address it like this ! What next I wonder ... a statement in the WatchTower ?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Not heard anything, but I do know that it is Watchtower policy to keep quiet on such matters. A small item appeared in the local rag in one of my old congregations and the elder concerned told me that the society advised him not to make any statement so as not to "throw fuel on the fire" which would risk bringing Jehovah's name into dis-repute.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Simon, I honestly believe that if such a announcement was, or were going to be made, JWs would NOT seek further info. They would accept the "party line" and dismiss any implications of wrongdoing, or conflict with JW "wild beast" doctrine. Damage control...the WBTS is good at it.

Boozy

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Damage control...the WBTS is good at it.

Is that because they are so good at damage, i.e. shooting themselves in the foot?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think we ought to speculate on how such an announcement would be made. Here's my guess:

"The attack on God's people has begun. Records have been falsified and statements have been made linking Jehovah's Faithful and Discreet Slave with the scarlet-colored wild beast of Revelations. How appropriate would it be if Jehovah executed his judgement on this evil system of things by January 1, 2002? Not that we're saying that; we're simply asking if that wouldn't be really cool. Now is the time for faithful servants of Jah to donate their homes th the WTS - with so little time likely remaining, only a couple modest rent payments would be due before the end come crashing down on your heads. (Fubar 23:17)"

• Satanus
    Satanus

natas

That was good for a laugh.

satan

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Don't worry folks, we were FOOLING the Un.....isn't that funny? {silence} .....ah ha....uh...ahem. Ok, it was for a library card....really.....{collective sigh of relief}.

(Spontaneous clapping, and resolutions)

• sunnyiii
    sunnyiii

This is exactly what I have seen so far. Passive acceptance of the "library card" story. Based on the softening the tower has shown towards the un's association with the wild beast, coupled with the ongoing praise (some might even say "love afair") the Awake! has had with the UN in her pages...(or between her sheets..:) many may not even fully realize the significance.. I expect denial and fear to play a big part in many going along with the party line...Expect hard evidence to be treated as "apostate"...Or the only source of information they will listen to is from "the brothers".
    Sigh.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I don't think the Society will comment in public on the matter. The issue is confined to a very small group of Witnesses whom have been looking at 'questionable' material on the internet.

These sorts of things die very quickly as long as the Society refuses to give the matter any sort of attention or direct and honest comment. Likely they will give more announcements that will create a paranoid distrust of information like this, and anyone discussing the matter will be "red flagged".

Path

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

You are all missing the point.

JWs are not affected if you tell them their fly is down.

BUT.... if you stand on your chair and announce to the whole room that a JW's fly is down, then you get a reaction.

The Watchtower for November 15 which we will be placing in 11 days carrys the article on "How Do You Handle HYPOCRISY"

I am sending 250 letters from CCI (Community Conscious International) to every church in town. It discusses both the Watchtower article and the scandal. It also says that the local newspaper is falling down on the job by not printing this very important story.

Of course, you must do as I have done and try contacting the local paper.

I am sure it will be a hit.

It goes out Wednesday.

I will put a link on the board to my box so that anyone who wants to participate can do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit