Destroy any JW's faith that they are the only true religion in 5 easy steps

by Must obey! 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not think it would work with the dubs that I know, or me in the old days.

Yes they know that the "Bible Students" are still in existence, they are outside the "light of trutht and "knash their teeth" (although the extent of their activity may not be appreciated)

I would have said that the B.Students were indeed the chosen at the time but did not keep up with "Gods progressive Organization" In fact I used to give a talk based on that very theme, cribbed from the elders Ministry School. Just as the Jews were Gods people at one time but stuck to Judaism rather than progresss on with the revealed truth of Christianity..and early Christians had to move on and accept Gentiles or be left behind out of Gods favour....you get the idea

So Bible Students should have stuck with the WT Society and accepted the progressiverevelation of new truths..Thats why they are not Gods people today....

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

If Must Obey says this method worked for him, I believe him. Good for him! However, I can say that this wouldn't have worked on me. I wold have reasoned, like a previous poster stated that Jesus saw the Bible Students as a "fixer upper" religion and the rest of them didn't want to go throught the pain of "purification". I actually used to picture Jesus in heaven checking his calander and realizing it was time for him to pick a religion. Gazing down on the earth, stroking his chin, muttering to himself "Slim pickin's, slim pickin's...I guess I'll go with this one." Secondly, I would have scoffed at the statement that there are still thousands of Bible Students. C'mon man, where's your proof! would have been my reply. But keep using it if it works for you.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

God helps his true servants understand his will gradually

...perhaps then "his" organization will catch up with the rest of us someday...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Personally, I feel this is a good approach - to at least getting JWs to think. I don't think that they will immediately drop their religion like a rock (or hot potato), but it will get them to thinking.

For those who bring up the 'objection' that JWs might use - saying that God has removed his 'blessing' from the original Bible Students... good. That means that if he can take away his 'blessing' from one religion that he has given it to - then he can do it again. With the Watchtower organization. Perhaps he has done it already... since there are so many scandals being uncovered within it.

Regards,

Jim TX

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    No it won't work with every JW Drewsagan but it will work with some because it certainly has worked on some JW's I've used it on. After reasoning with one of my friends on all this he went away and did some research on the internet about the history of the organisatioin and is now inactive.

I don't doubt that you're reasoning worked per se, I just highly doubt that it worked based on its own interior logic. When an individual leaves a group like the JWs they are in a place where they are questioning their own commitment to the group. The more a person has questioned and thought about their own commitments will have an effect upon the way they respond to challenges about their beliefs. Personal experience in the group is another way that people are worn down and become more open to an examination of the group.

Any success you may have had with this reasoning is limited to all of the other factors that influenced that person. Saying that there is an "easy 5 step" process is to ignore all of these other uncontrollable forces.

No matter how much a JW denies it, most of their faith in the Watchtower is built upon emotions. They argue all the time that what they are doing is completely logicial, but their actions show they are making decisions on a wide variety of emtions including pride, fear, hope and more. Because their emotions are involved, rational thought will only ever work if the person has already set such emtions aside.

• sspo
    sspo

Good reasoning.

Die hard witnesses don't have the ability to think and reason and no matter how hard you try

it will not shake them. Tried many ways to reason with some, it goes in one ear and comes out the other.

They have the "truth" and that's all that matters.

Thanks for those points

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    If the JW quibbles about 'new light' and the organisation of today having things more accurate than the bible students of 1919, then bring out how the Society has changed a lot since, say, the 1940's, for example, smoking was allowed back then and disfellowshipping was way more lenient and their was no blood policy and what were divorceable sex acts were different, etc. Then ask the JW "Was it Jehovah's organisation back in the 1940's"? Of course they will say yes. So all you have to do is ask them to apply the same perspective today and allow for the possibility that perhaps Jehovah is not very concerned about all these relatively minor errors so long as any group has got the main doctrines right? The JW may feel that only they have got the main doctrines right, but when they learn that there are still thousands of Bible Students who still believe JW's main doctrines, they often pause and think.....

I agree with you there. JW's have gotten so interested in the small things, in telling you what is "appropriate" in matters of personal decision that they make you feel that if you don't follow those "suggestions" then you must be "spiritually weak". Their focus is in things that should not be a priority in considering the extent of someone's spirituality.

As I've said, it is quite easy to show that C T Russell must have been an "evil slave" then if those slaves were already in operation while he was still alive because there are many quotes where Russell was ideologically opposed to most things Rutherford changed in the organisation. To think that Russell could have been an evil slave is anathema to every JW, and the point can have a powerful effect on their thinking.

This other point you bring out is good also.

Don't get offended by others post contradicting your approach, actually it is good because you are experiencing what you may encounter with other JW's if you were to use this one all the time. It gives you practice to try convince them using other approaches.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The one problem I see in this is: Jw's today are so dumbed down that many under the age of 40 can't even answer a Bible question unless the answer is written in a paragragh by the borg somewhere.

• heathen
    heathen

I think jim_tx had a point , the tree not bearing fruit is cut down .They've been really stale in numbers for some time so maybe that's what it's about .The web is totally exposing them for the fraud they are ,they do seem to feel very confident that since they are the only ones that actually use the name jehovah that they are the chosen ones that are a people for the name as mentioned in the old testament but jesus did say he could pick and chose , he finds a slave and appoints him over the domestics but then he states he can throw him out with the hypocrites if found abusing power.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I have used that reasoning once and was told the BS dont operate internationally and dont have as much increase. They are not fulfilling matt 24:14.

Does anyone have the url to their website? Cant find the one I saved somewhere...

I was shocked when I lerned that there is such a group holding on to the early teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit