2008 marks 10 years.

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

It's our "anniversary" too. Mr Scully and I decided that January 1, 1995 would be the end of our JW lives.

Thirteen years out.... and Armageddon™ is still Just Around the Corner™... we've been living all this time while JWs continue to Wait On Jehovah™.

One of the smartest decisions we ever made.

• free2beme
    free2beme

In a rare recent conversation with a Witness I work with. I was making note of how long I had been gone and they mentioned the information you said, and seemed frustrated with my happiness and contentment from being free. To which I responded, "What is more frustrating to you, that I am happy or that another ten years have passed in your life and still no end to see me proven wrong?" His response was to remain mute and yet I know I was right on his the second part, as in his case and many others, each year is like stepping from one bed of hot coals of frustration to another. A uncomfortable path, I am no longer on!!!!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Congratulations on your escape from the borg.

• abyss57
    abyss57

I . too, celebrate 10 years this year. My wife of 25 years left me in "97 because the ELDER who was hustling her said it was OK to leave if she wasn't happy.....

(Bi-Polar ,,,on PROZAC...been to every witness NATURE PATH in 200 miles...but he's the expert...) I still haven't had the chance to THANK him!!! I never went back to a single meeting!! Took me a while to get my head right...partied for 2 years!! Now, realize....I was raised in the "TRUTH"...HA!

Anyway....turned down 3 scholarships and served ( or was served) at BETHEL. Also "served" as an elder for 7 years.....Gave up normal opportunities for advancement in the real world to "serve" where the great was needed!! I didn't fade ...I just never went back!!...After 47 years....WOW1 What a crock of shit!

Not one of them ever came to "check" on me or "sheperd" me....They know I would have blown them out of the water...chickens....Isn't the smell of freedom GREAT??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit