2008 marks 10 years.

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

My wife and I actually started to fade a little in 1997, but 1998 in January was our last attended meeting. I gave a talk at the Service Meeting and looked out at all these people I knew were phony, listened to what I was saying and knew it was all lies and realized I never got over the change in the generations change in 1995 and had gone downhill from there. I got off the stage, and the meeting ended and I got the typical pat on the backs for a good talk they never listened too anyway. I then went home and set down with my wife and explained how I was never going back, I did not believe in Witnesses teaching and Christianity and figured she would still continue to go. Instead she thanked me for finally saying it and we spent the night filling the local dumpster with Watchtower publications. I never officially stepped down as a Servant, but was removed three months later when the CO came by and we had never called back any elders who tried to reach us. Get this, we were only called three times and had one visit by elders trying to reach us. From what I have read on here, that was an easy exit. Six months later we openly admitted to the few Witness relatives we had left that we no longer considered ourselves Witnesses. The next year, 1999 we celebrated Christmas. By that time we were also doing martial arts and making new friends. So this makes it our first decade and how far we have come. I have made many decisions in life, but this one was one of the hardest and best I ever did. I would rather make a decision and regret it later, then not make a decision and regret I didn't later. We will never return, have no belief in the Witnesses (not even the small parts) or Christianity and life has been wonderful!!!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Good for you. Reason to celebrate.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

momz

• eclipse
    eclipse

Freedom from religion / christianity is a wonderful feeling.

Happy 10th Anniversary

• changeling
    changeling

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

changeling

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Amen brother, that will be me in ten years.

Isaac

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Your timing was about the same as mine..Like you, I think that the Generation thing was the start of cracks in my faith...I do still show up at the Hall sometimes but only to assist an ailing wife. They ignore me .

Lets congratulate ourselves on having the guts to think what was then 'the unthinkable', and breaking the mold that encased us.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it made me happy to read your post and realize you and your wife were in harmony on this - you are so lucky. Congratulations on your tenth anniversary.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Thanks, I always feel that my life really began when I exited. Well, my adult life at least.

• Soledad
    Soledad

On June 23rd of this year I will also be celebrating "my decade."

Congratulations to you and your wife. You've all come a long way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit