Is there a Universal Issue? Did God cheat....yes and I can prove it.

by oompa 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Unity does not equal good...remember the WBTS?

But it's not a bad thing either.

God saw them succeeding in what? building a tower that "reached the heavens"... but God was not in the tower ... it was like an altar to man's creativity and enterprise. They were "one people" in opposition to God.

Exactly!

What's wrong with that?

• myelaine
    myelaine
    God saw them succeeding in what? building a tower that "reached the heavens"... but God was not in the tower ... it was like an altar to man's creativity and enterprise. They were "one people" in opposition to God.

"Exactly!

What's wrong with that?"...

They now said: "Come on! Let us build ourselves a city and also a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a celebrated name for ourselves, for fear we may be scattered over all the surface of the earth...

...and the celebration of man continues...and we are no closer to reaching heaven by that means...

love michelle

p.s. Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2

• journey-on
    journey-on

Another way of looking at the Tower of Babel tale is that God doesn't want man to be all of one mind.

Creation is about diversity and the ability to be yourself and think for yourself. God's nature is creative

and this Creative Intelligence wants individuals to be like their Creator.....creative. Take what is there and use it in your own

unique way. All you have to bear in mind is to do everything with a loving intention....harming no one.

I see the Creative Intelligent Force as being opposed to any type of constricting Group Think, especially organizations like the WTS.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear journey-on...

"I see the Creative Intelligent Force as being opposed to any type of constricting Group Think"...

I hope you don't think "boundries" or a "hedge" are "constricting group think"...cuz the Holy Spirit "marked" these ones and they "stayed" in the word of God...

Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble, Do not be wise in your ownopinion...Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:16, 21.

And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness. Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. Acts 4:31-32

love michelle

• bobld
    bobld

God changed the lanuage of the people.Please explain why he wrote the instruction book the Bible in one lanuage.I believe he is an idiot.Why would anyone want this ruler and pledge allegiance to this idiot.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear bobld...

"God changed the lanuage of the people.Please explain why he wrote the instruction book the Bible in one lanuage.I believe he is an idiot.Why would anyone want this ruler and pledge allegiance to this idiot."... "Please explain why he wrote the instruction book the Bible in one lanuage"...your kidding right?......no? God caused the books of the Bible to be written in the language of the person who wrote each particular book. the Babel story is allegory...to show that the people were of one mind to do "something" and God caused them to be scattered so that theirplans were not realized. the language was "confused" so that they could not communiate sufficiently to attempt it again. love michelle

• bobld
    bobld

Myelaine,thanks for your answer to my question.My take the construction of Babel started approx.2170 B.C. give or take 100 years. The Bible in oral and written 2170 to 1513 oral, 1513-approx 400 B.C. oral/written in Hebrew.Language changed in 2170 when construction of Babel (probablely 10 or more languages).So only the Hebrew people or some many say God's choosen people got direction/instructions.That's according to the Bible.Now why would a parent, father or mother only communicate with one sibling in a language that it understood but the rest didn't.That is how I see God he/she is the parent of the human family,Enough of this bullshit,that is why the god of the Bible is an idiot.

PS:If language changed,how did Moses communicate with Pharoah.Also how did the wondering idiots talk to God's enemy nations.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Oompa, the issue of universal sovereignty is a non-issue. The average Joe Public has no conscious awareness of such an issue. The Society has made an issue out of nothing.

There were only two people on Earth at the beginning of the human race, Adam and Eve. As far as we know, neither of them had seen an angel. They simply heard a voice in the garden around the breezy part of the day.

Their perspective was narrow. They disobeyed God, regardless of whether the Devil was telling half-truths or not and they died with the thousand year period that was as a day to Jehovah.

They didn't know enough to challenge God's sovereignty wth full awareness of what they were doing.

The story is painfully simple - Eve was deceived and so she ate. She had the knowledge of good and bad before her husband.

The fruit's effect must have been like smoking a joint - it felt good. She gave some to her husband - he would have likely known what the fruit looked like, but tempted by his now fruit-addicted wife he gave in and ate.

It was curiosity and deceit that led them to eat the fruit - rebellious they were - but challengers of God's sovereignty? I think not.

• journey-on
    journey-on

dear journey-on...

"I see the Creative Intelligent Force as being opposed to any type of constricting Group Think"...

Myelaine....I stand by my statement. I believe with every ounce of my being that each and every ONE of us is a child of God. And by "God" I mean the Intelligent Creative Force that is in all, through all, and around all. I DO NOT think this Eternal One appreciates nor wants Group Think. As I stated, as long as your intention is out of Love, you are supposed to be free to allow "God" to be revealed through you by YOU.

• destructo-girl
    destructo-girl

Thanks Lore, wow there really is nothing saying the people building the tower were evil. I vaguely remember my study on this and i asked what was so wrong with making the tower, they told me (don't know if this is official WT teachings or just these witnesses) that each level of the tower was dedicated to some sort of sin, getting worse and worse as you go upwards, levels dedicated to the worship of pagan gods, levels for indecent sex practises, baby eating etc.

Anyone else get told this, or is it just me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit