Is there a Universal Issue? Did God cheat....yes and I can prove it.

by oompa 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Well it good you talk for the group, but I think I can safely say some don't see it as a nonreality.

I had a witty retort, but I'll let someone else 'talk for the group'. And I'll get back to the actual topic.

Why is it that Satan is reffered to as a 'liar' when he said that Job would betray god? He wouldn't be a 'liar' he would just be 'incorrect'. By calling him a liar, it's as if Satan already KNEW that Job would remain faithful, but brought up the challenge anyway. According to the WT:

w068/15p.29par.18"YouHaveHeardoftheEnduranceofJob"***

Satan was proved a liar in that he could not break Job’s integrity

Isn't that kind of harsh? It's not lying if he thought it was true.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

If man wrote the bible then man is a lier! If God had man write the bible and He is all powerful it doesn't matter if you disagree. On the other hand, if there is a God and He is all powerful and you call Him a lier and He allows you to then perhaps there more to the story?

• bobld
    bobld

oompa I like your posts.Many will use illustrations about God's soverignty or right to rule.I say who gives a rats ass it's all wbts bullshit and it stinks to high pluto.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

mincan/bobld - thanks for the laughs! I agree, it's all fairy tales and only true believers give a rat's ass. Of course, it's true hypothetical questions can be fun, but I have a question about a real issue - what's with the gin diet? Hope you were joking...although I have to say it sounds better than the diet I am on. I had cauliflower for dinner, for god's sake!

• PEC
    PEC

God, I hate cauliflower.
    Jesus Christ, I hate cauliflower.

Philip

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow - PEC has returned to religion after all!!!

• destructo-girl
    destructo-girl

The whole universal sovereignity thing totally confused me when studying. I kept thinking Satan had a point and I felt really guilty for thinking it. I never dared say to my study conductors that I thought the tower of Babel incident was totally unfair, they said the people making it were really evil but I couldn't see where they got that from the bible.

My thoughts now: either the bible's not true and its all fairy tales like mincan says, or if the bible is true, then Satan is starting to look like the good guy in my opinion. Anyone else think this?

• myelaine
    myelaine

God's sovereignty is challenged every hour of every day by mankind...do we live under worldwide theocracy?...the Kingdom of God on earth...NO.

earthly governments and social reforms = narrow impact. The "paradise/tower" that we have endeavored to construct for ourselves doesn't even touch the people that need it the most.

love michelle

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I thought the tower of Babel incident was totally unfair, they said the people making it were really evil but I couldn't see where they got that from the bible.

Here is EVERYTHING the bible has to say about that incident:

(Genesis 11:1-9) 11 Now all the earth continued to be of one language and of one set of words. 2 And it came about that in their journeying eastward they eventually discovered a valley plain in the land of Shi´nar, and they took up dwelling there. 3 And they began to say, each one to the other: "Come on! Let us make bricks and bake them with a burning process." So brick served as stone for them, but bitumen served as mortar for them. 4 They now said: "Come on! Let us build ourselves a city and also a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a celebrated name for ourselves, for fear we may be scattered over all the surface of the earth." 5 And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 After that Jehovah said: "Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. 7 Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another’s language." 8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba´bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.

There is no reason to believe that they were evil, they were, in fact UNITED.

God did confuse them because they were evil, he confused because: "They are one people" And because: "there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them."

In short, God saw them succeeding, so he cheated again.

The WTS claims that Nimrod was evil because of this:

(Genesis 10:9) 9 He displayed himself a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah. That is why there is a saying: "Just like Nim´rod a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah."

That does not meen that he was a tyrant, or even a dislikable person, it just meens that he was in opposition to god. What's wrong with that? Isn't that the WHOLE POINT of letting humans rule themselves?

Plus, I can't find any other translation that says he was in opposition to god, most of them say: "He was a mighty hunter before the LORD" or rarely: "He was a powerful hunter in the sight of the L ORD ."

Saying he was in opposition to Jehovah is completely arbitrary, and an excellent example of how bad the NWT is.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2010:9;&version=9 ;

Lore - What.Would.Satan.Do?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear LtCmd.Lore...

"There is no reason to believe that they were evil, they were, in fact UNITED.

God did confuse them because they were evil, he confused because: "They are one people" And because: "there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them."

In short, God saw them succeeding, so he cheated again. "...

Unity does not equal good...remember the WBTS?

God saw them succeeding in what? building a tower that "reached the heavens"...but God was not in the tower... it was like an altar to man's creativity and enterprise. They were "one people" in opposition to God.

O you afflicted one, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems, and lay your foundations with sapphires. I will make your pinnacles of rubies, your gates of crystal, and all your walls of precious stones. All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. in righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you....and their righteousness is from Me, says the LORD. Isaiah 54:11-14, ...17

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit