Mormon Celestial Sex... A Quantitative Analysis

by FormerMormon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freydi
    freydi

Mormons-Masons-Islam....It's all connected to the same source. Fly a plane into a building and be rewarded with 72 virgins in bliss. I wonder who's going to pay the bills.

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

That's interesting. I didn't know JW's had their version of Kolob. Do you remember the old battlestar galactica's? Their creators/writers were largely mormon. They had Kobol instead of Kolob, 12 tribes, eternal marriages etc. Q... in journal of discourses, Brigham DOES teach that Adam is God the Father, it DOES teach that he physically fathered Jesus with Mary and brig Does teach that he would have wives by the million. Joseph's Myth DID teach that a day unto the lord is as a thousand years to us. Independently, these ideas can hold some degree of rationality. Together, in a cohesive form, they become mutually exclusive. Coupled with unassailable mathmatics, they become quite humorous and enlightening. Do you have a more rational rotation schedule for Brigham and his million wives? I'd sure like to hear it if you do. Are these ideas taught together in morg chapels today? Of course not. In fact, lds leadership is trying to get away from the FACT that they were taught at all. Are there good people in LDS churches??? Absolutely. Are they trying to lead good lives? Yes. Are they familiar with the churches checkered history and evolving doctrine? No. Are they ignorant of the BRAIN damage certain doctrines and policies produces? Yes, they are ignorant of these things. Best, FM

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

My limited experience was that Mormons are as barmy as we were, and having them round for a chat is something I really recommend. No seriously, they, like JW's, doubtless have lots of nice people, but any brief analysis of their belief structure just leads to a really great laugh! Honestly! This is what happened some time ago with me:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115995/1.ashx

Have fun!

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have a question-do Mormons believe that all fossils were brought here from other planets? Do they teach that all humans were alive somewhere as something before they became babies on earth? Why do they feel that the earth was created? Do they believe in the literal seven day creation like some other religions?

By the way, I find your posts very entertaining

• seven006
    seven006

I would like to ask this question for either one, or both you Mormonish guys to answer. If they are conflicting, I’ll just research it myself, so be honest or I’ll bust-ya on it(kidding).

It is known on this board that Mormon leaders encourage higher education. JW leaders do not.

My question is; is that higher education that is encouraged for mainly enrolment in Mormon/LDS colleges such as BYU or any or all colleges? Do they encourage any specific lines of study over others?

Do you think the 10% demanded/encouraged tithe is a major factor in encouraged higher education because it equals a larger pay check to tithe?

Please, wrestle among yourselves and come back with an answer. Links to any kind of proof would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and take care,

Dave

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    09-27-2007, 04:14 PM
    Jeremiah78 Join Date: Dec 2006 Location: Omaha Posts: 357
    Actual Temple audio.
    Warning to all LDS who have NOT yet received their endowment, but wish too. Do not click these links. I say this out of respect. To you and your beliefs.

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 1

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 2

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 3

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 4

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 5

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 6

YouTube - Actual Audio Mormon Temple Ceremony seg 7

To see some actual inside pics of a typical temple.

YouTube - Inside a Mormon Temple

Thought some may want to HEAR what it sounds like. Reading it doesn't do it justice. IMO

Now let someone debate what happens hmmm.

Regards,
    Jeremiah __________________
    "One day, one room" House
  • FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Seven006,

Education is promoted at every level and is not school specific. We are warned about the dangers of becoming intellectual though. So, mormon education is a bit paradoxical. We are encouraged to learn, but warned against how the learning can destroy our testimony. Hope this helps

• justhuman
    justhuman

Shit..I thought JW's were nuts...but it seems mormons are even more...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I find the Mormon's to be an interesting religion/culture.

My cousin and deceased-aunt are/were Mormons. When they had the local Mormon Temple 'dedication' (or whatever it was called), they allowed the general public to tour the building - with a guide explaining the various rooms and things. Quite interesting.

When we left, we drove by a person who had a table set up with literature - and a banner - that was anti-mormon in nature. My cousin's remarks almost made me laugh as she said something to the effect that she'd like to go over and take all of that persons' literature away from him so that he'd have none to hand out to anyone.

It sounded so.... well JW-ish.

I told her that I thought that it was good that someone was there to enlighten people about the Mormons - just as it would be good for someone to enlighten someone about the JWs (she is very negative about the JWs), and that that individual was exercising his right to 'freedom of speech'. She kinda got quiet.

Anyway... I find the similarities about attitudes between these two religions to be humorous. But to the respective devout members of the religions - they will deny their similarities.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit