Witness came by the house this morning!

by mkr32208 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was actually on this site when the doorbell rang. I walked to the door and it's a nicely dressed black guy (single witness) and since the wife and kids are there I step outside.

He starts in with "do you think the world will get better."

My reply! "sure it's getting better all the time! It's better now then it's ever been before!"

Anyway long story short we talked for about 20 min not really about JW specific beliefs but just different things. Finally he said "well nice talking too you" and left I really feel like I planted some seeds though. He said if I don't mind he might stop back I told him anytime. He never offered me any literature (he did mention a bible study) I only gave him my first name as I was afraid he might recognize my last name. I never went to the hall in this territory but my brother is an elder and his business partner is the PO at this hall.

Anyway it was fun... Be nice if he stops back.

Actually I told him if he could find a single reputable bible scholar who isn't connected to the witnesses in ANY WAY who agrees with them plastering the name Jehovah all over the new testament that I'll give him $20 on his next trip through... So that's an incentive right!?

• bite me
    bite me

The guy is going to come back alright, he will come back with someone to try to convince you that you are wrong in your thinking. If he didn't try to sell you anything, I don't doubt that he'll try on his next time around.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hey, they came to my house too! I did the home-but-hiding routine. :)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Next time he comes back he is going to drug you and you will wake up in a motel room missing a kidney!

• 1mother
    1mother

Oh my goodness you guys are mean... so are you all dissasocciated (cant spell that word)? or something?

x Amber

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome 1mother. What was so mean? I thought the first post was really nice. And Andre was just joking.

If you look at the upper left corner you'll see where it says "everyone welcome" -- even disassociated people or others who were never JW's, even some current questioning JW's. ALL are welcome at this site (until they blatantly violate forum guidelines).

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Welcome 1mother, and stick around awhile, you WILL learn many things here. And,no,we aren't all disassociated or df'd here. There are many active and non active jws here. Also many at bethel on line here.We just don't buy into the company line any longer.

• changeling
    changeling

Honey, this guy just started a "door step Bible study" with you.

He finds you an intriguing challenge and will milk your hospitality for all he can to increase his FS time.

changeling

• M.J.
    M.J.

"Hey, they came to my house too! I did the home-but-hiding routine. :)"

Holy crap Leo, you are a merciful soul!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I don't think so. I've been witnoided at before. I think this guy really had some hummmm moments.

My real concern is that he's going to go to the PO and say "I got this guy who had some really good questions he asked me XYZ and I was wondering what to say" and PO is gonna say oh wow yeah where does he live *DING DING DING* alarm bells!!! And whats his name? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! APOSTATE ALERT APOSTATE ALERT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit