Confirmed! Watchtower Feb 15 08 brings the "generation" change

by observador 175 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

THIS THREAD IS STARTING TO DRIVE ME FREAKIN CRAZY!!!! I DON'T REALLY THINK ANYTHING HAS CHANGED IN THIS DOCTRINE THAT AFFECTS ANYONE....IN ANY WAY!!!!! It is true the 1995 change was huge and disconnected 1914 from the end of the world, and the recent QFR was very big in that it lets recruiting of anointed keep on going forever....but so far only JOULES has agreed: (thanks J)

You already hit on it. From the GC's perspective, it doesn't affect them AT ALL. If this were a true jw board and all of us posting on it were of the GC, what does this change do for us? Nothing. The carrot on the stick was pulled back in '95 and hasn't been lowered in front of us since.

So does anybody want to be as specific as me as to what the change is....Is it saying the generation ONLY is the anointed? Can't be unless some how the GC are all dead. If the GC is still around, then they too are still part of the Generation.....but this is all starting to really piss me off cause it is ALL a buch of Bull$hit anyway!!!......oompa

• restrangled
    restrangled

You nailed it Oompa,

So does anybody want to be as specific as me as to what the change is....Is it saying the generation ONLY is the anointed? Can't be unless some how the GC are all dead. If the GC is still around, then they too are still part of the Generation.....

They are just reconfirming what they have already been saying. It use to be just the annointed but they were getting bigger ranks every year and changed to the idea god is still taking in those with a heavenly calling. The "generation" was changed to the entire group of mankind witnessing an extended time period. It could go on for 200 years or 2000 years.

This then opens the concept for "the end" with no end~

r.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Well it appears someone in their Speculative imagination department as been working overtime or maybe someone in the New light department

I know where it's coming from, it's the Covering are asses from previous bullshit department

Oh well this should sell better, after all they aren't all a mock of dummies in Brooklyn

• zack
    zack

Oompa, it is big because the only link that was left to a foreseeable time of the end was the annointed left alive on Earth. Most JW would point to the dwindling number--- encouraged by the WTS--- and would say that the dwindling number was evidence of the nearness of the end. Once the number no longer dwindles, there is no further link to the immediacy of the end, meaning it can on on for as along as ANYONE who professes the heavenly calling is alive, and further, the ruling class can still remain the ruling class.

So what is a great crowder to do if the only barometer of the nearness of paradise is now dispensed with? Perhaps they will "get a life."

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see what difference this makes, they have always believed that there will be some of the so called anointed on earth at the end of times and they have also stated that the 144 000 positions weren't filled by 1935 as previously thought.

They are seeking to buy more time, the 1914 generation became indefinitely long by becoming symbolic and to match that the anointed ranks are to be filled at an indefinite future time and not by 1935 plus a few decades.

Needless to say the 144 000 number is symbolic as are those making it up (male, virginal, Jews from all tribes).

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

When this news came out I forwarded it to my father to prove that the "truth" is changing again. He replied that he likes the "New Light" because the old tenet did not make any sense to him.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Well it appears someone in their Speculative imagination department as been working overtime or maybe someone in the New light department

I know where it's coming from, it's the Covering are asses from previous bullshit department

Oh well this should sell better, after all they aren't all a mock of dummies in Brooklyn

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(As apparently nobody got my previous point so far)

This may indeed shed "new light" on verses such as:

"This generation is an evil generation." (Luke 11:29)

"Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." (Acts 2:40.)

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I wonder if there will be a QFR anytime soon to explain away the fact that most if not all Gospel references to "this generation" are negative...

I got it. Wasn't that the change in '95? That the "wicked" were the generation and the wicked will always be with us, they will not pass away until the end.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Aww a new reason to keep the publishing company in full operation

Let us all enjoy this meat in due season, can someone please pass the salt and pepper, this meat is bland and distasteful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit