My thoughts on JW pedophiles

by TooBad TooSad 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

What disturbs me the most is not that there are pedophiles in the congregations of JW's because

there are pedophiles in all religions, it is the fact that the WTBTS has always pointed an accusing

finger at the churches of Christendom for not following the Bible, thus not being Christain. The Witnesses

believe that they are special because they receive the thoughts of God thru the "faithful and discreet slave."

If the WTBTS would just admit that they have a problem with child abusers, and that in the future even

"repentant" child abusers will be turned over to the authorities, that would go a long way. Admit that they

have given millions of dollars to people who have been abused to settle law suits. Just say that we are

sorry for letting the flock down. But we all know that is not going to happen because they will be knocked

off of the high pedistal that they have put themselves on and they know that there would be large numbers

of borderline witnesses who would just stop going to meetings and how they would have to change the tone

of the Watchtower teachings about false religion. One more thought. The media statement that the

WTBTS gave out dated 10/15/07 that dealt with child abuse is a farce. To say "during the last 100 years,

only nine elders have been sued for child abuse." I have two female relatives who are still active. Recently

they told me that they were abused by two elders when they were young girls and did not even tell their parents

because they were affraid and ashamed. To this day their parents do not know about the abuse. There are

not doubt tens of thousands of cases that are not even known about except by the victim and the Witness

pedophiles. The whole thing just makes me sick to realize that I have given most of my life to a religion

that is worst than Christendom and that does not have God's blessing any more than a ground hog does.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes, their hypocrisy is disgusting. And they will never say "they were sorry for letting the flock down". The WTS has never apologized, because it would make them look human. They want to look bigger-than-life and God-directed. The image is the most important thing.

The "11 elders sued in 100 years" is such puffery. They actively discourage anyone from even discussing the problems of abuse. I know two females who were abused here in Minnesota (when they were younger) by the nephew of a prominent elder. Since there were not "two witnesses" to the events, they were told to shut up or face congregation discipline. Eventually one of them sued the abuser, the congregation and the Society. So yeah no elder was sued, but serious abuse happened.

And according to Barbara Anderson's research, she found thousands of names had been held in secret files at Watchtower headquarters so that the Society could track these men. I think the number was 23,000. The Society knows who these abusers are and what congregation they attend. But they won't report them to the authorities.

The Watchtower's tactics of denial, minimization and secrecy on the issue are dishonorable and have made their organization a safe haven for pedophiles.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The catholic religion has a written document directing silence of the victims and protection of the offender at all costs.

The current pope rewrote this document and enforces it, talk about evil pope . it's called crimen something or other I can't really remember maybe someone else knows it's name?

JWism differs in form not one bit from other religions that have forced policy over people , laws over truth and power over honesty.

Sounds like pharasee to me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The problem is not the pedophiles themselves. There are some bad apples in all religions, and they hide their own offenses, often going undetected for years. And there are some rather stupid laws that have arbitrary ages of consent and rules for consent. Some of them might make the couple legal this year, but in another year the older will reach a cutoff point and it would be termed pedophilia. Still others have ridiculous ages of consent (I checked the Internet; some countries have laws where anyone 21 and older having sex with anyone under 21 is a "pedophile". These laws are rather backward, since most of those cases are consenting parties and the ages are often right on the borderline.

Where I have a big problem is when they know there is a problem and flat out refuse to do anything about it. In fact, they silence the victim and anyone that might know something about it, in an effort to make the problem look localized. They put gag orders on the victims. They appoint known pedophiles (and, again not nominal pedophiles that were labeled such because of some quirk in the law). They put people that have initiated force or coercion against people that were well underage, some under the age of 10, in positions where they have power on those people. This gives them a double whammy. Not only are they much older (which, in a perfect society would not itself be a barrier), but they actually have authority on the child. That is when they really do massive damage, because they abuse that authority to coerce consent and silence the victim.

Which would not be that bad, but the leaders of the cult know this is going on and still refuse to do anything to fix it. They do not want to repair the problems. Instead, they berate the flock because meeting attendance is slipping (yea, I wonder why.) and field circus is down. They also cut off communication when they silence anyone that could warn others. This has the effect of making these incidents look like they are quickly settled (yes, they are settled--by silencing the victims) when in fact they are widespread. That's where they are in trouble.

If you have the problem, at least disclose it. A religion that is quick to bash the crap out of the Catholic church for having the exact same problem they themselves have is hypocritical. At least the Catholic church did apologize publicly for its problem (I'm not sure they adequately addressed the problem, but at least they did apologize). The Watchtower Society, on the other hand, is steadfastly denying it.

Kind of reminds me of Clinton denying the Monica Lewinsky affair. It caught up with him in due time. Hopefully, now that the incidence is appearing on mainstream TV, they will be forced to face the music.

• bluebell
    bluebell

What disturbs me the most is not that there are pedophiles in the congregations of JW's because

there are pedophiles in all religions, it is the fact that the WTBTS has always pointed an accusing

finger at the churches of Christendom for not following the Bible, thus not being Christain.

Too true

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I hate when Watchtower uses the word "only" 11 times. To me once is too much!!!!!!! They love putting a spin on numbers. In fact they live for numbers..

• KW13
    KW13

Pedophiles of any nature deserve humilation, they need to be exposed and then castrated. Victims of any form of abuse, especially Sexual abuse victims feel so low and many feel that it would of been better if they were killed rather than 'tainted in such a way. For this crime death is too good for any Pedophile. They are sick sexual predators and no matter how the Watchtower Society look at it, their doctrines have made it easier for 'one' molester to ruin someone elses life. If this was God's organization this wouldn't happen - the fact its more than one and that its many makes it worse. Maybe the Society deserve the same punishment as the Pedophiles. (Governing Body).

• Gordy
    Gordy

Firstly we acknowledge such things of course are not confined to the JW's.
    We know that child abuse goes on within other religions also.

But I think what shocks most people is that the JW's had an actual policy of keeping such things quiet. The number of cases where Elders etc, KNEW about a paedophile in their congregation, even for many years.
    Yet never informed the congregation, never mind the police.
    They were also locked into this "two witness" rule.
    As bad as they are locked into the blood doctrine.
    Have you ever tried to explain the "two witness" rule to someone, why the JW's don't take action.
    People just cannot get their head round it.

Elders really do not know how to deal with the situation. They rely on what they have been told by the organisation on how to handle such cases.
    They have been caught up in their own image. That they have for years projected themselves as the "only clean, moral, people" that nothing immoral goes on within their organisation.
    Unlike the other religions they point a finger at. Remember last year with the tract they distributed. It had a picture of a priest, with the comment of how certain religions have such things happening within them.
    But not within "Jehovahs organisation". Hypoctitical or what?
    The WT were quick to point to the Catholic Church in America having to pay out over abuse cases by preists.
    Yet when the WT had to pay out over similar cases they had gagging orders issued on the people concerning, to try and keep it quiet.
    But of course Barbra Anderson found a way round it.

For years the Watchtower has been happily going along on its way.
    Now its being exposed as no different in its morals than any of the other religions it pointed a finger at. Since I left many, JW's and ex-JW's, have told me some of the things that went on in their congregations.

But the average JW knows nothing of such things because everything is kept from them. Elders make sure things are kept from congregation members. To all intents the congregation is clean and no problems.
    Plus of course they blame the "evil people" on the outside for telling untruths etc, when they are exposed.

Whatever is happening to the Watchtower.
    I'm sure its got certain ones worried.
    Time is their great enemy.
    Soon it will be only 6 years to 2014.
    One hundred years since 1914 when they say Christ took up Kingdom power etc.
    Did they expect to be here this long?
    This is why they have to keep "tweaking" their teachings, as with the "generation" teaching and recently the "heavenly class" teaching.
    They have a "sell by date" and on some of them its running out.

• flipper
    flipper

Too Bad, Too Sad- Many of us have gone through and are going through the same feelings you are in regards to this Watchtower child abuse crisis. We all feel let down by the ignorance and insensitivity they have shown over the years on this and many subjects ! The example you gave of the two girls you knew who were molested , that story probably could be told a thousand times over just in the witness organization alone ! Just think how many child abuse victims we don't know about who may have had their lives threatened , or maybe their relatives lives threatened if they came out about being molested to the elders or authorities . It is sad, but that is how abusers work, they intimidate through fear , threats physically or even psychologically- you will be disfellowshipped . It is enough to make you want to drive to Bethel tonight and face off with the governing body right now ! Just get me started ! I need to get another glass of wine to relax ! Jeez

• White Dove
    White Dove

Let's stone them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit