"I don't want to die...

by 5thGeneration 20 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sometimes the things we're most afraid of turn out to be our saving grace. The truth is always better than a lie and the org. is one big lie. It is not easy, but if you start down the road even small steps will get you there.

Wishing you the best. choosing Life

• watson
    watson

I hear ya, 5th G. Hang in there.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here's a song to cheer you up...

by the way, we're all gonna die...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IcN271PcOcY

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

5th: I think you will find that, after the pain of separation, you will have the change you seek. It's hard to have honesty and reality when you are in such deep hiding. Love -ve

• Warlock
    Warlock

5th,

You are the one that will have to live the consequences of whatever you do.

I have been through a taste of it, when bringing up certain issues I have with the Org.

Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lay.

People may tell you to lay it on the line, be bold, tell them how you feel and the like.

DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.

DO WHAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TOLERATE.

DO NOTHING, IF THAT IS WHAT IS BEST.

SOMETIMES THE DEVIL YOU KNOW, IS BETTER THAN THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW!

Warlock

• White Dove
    White Dove

My kids were 5th generation and I was 4th. Family still thinks we are in and I'm pioneering. It's tough.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    My kids were 5th generation and I was 4th. Family still thinks we are in and I'm pioneering. It's tough.

White,

Would it be tougher if they knew?

Warlock

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Best you can do is diversion tactics as a life policy and be cool that it's the right policy. And the tactic is to have fun times, chilled times and laugh about life for lifes sake. Shut out doom and gloom - if there is any there for you it will find you so when you can steer clear of it! Your kids will feel life if you send some their way and build associations outside the borg with others at clubs/ sports hobbies/ drama/ dance whateva. To start with avoid conflict and arrange good times to fit wifeys schedule - the one your lifes been ruled by! Then build in choices where kids can choose meets or recreation. This may seem controlling but it isn't. Your helping your children to have a choice which currently they don't realize they haven't got. Ex JWs know how tough it is to synchronize with society. You cant just jump out the borg, dive into society and play happy families. What you are trying to provide is a loving alternative within the framework of a highly controlling body of people who include many of your own family. You know there will be awkward and impossible moments but this is a journey of your humanity. It is your life! MHO for what it's worth. I wish someone had articulated it to me as a young man.

• Trevanian
    Trevanian

No!

I've read CoC and having been in the truth since birth,

LOL!!! Why call it "the truth"?

Stopping using that dishonest cultish mind-controlling expression could be your first step towards breaking free.

Calling the JW doctrine "the truth" is keeping you shackled, don't you see?

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

"You are the link to your family in finding out about the lies of the watchtower" Fantastic line! Someone has to be the first one in a family/group to start the ball rolling on the escape path out of the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit