How do you spot a doubter ?

by confused and lost 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confused and lost
    confused and lost

Hi all,I would like to know how to spot any doubters in my cong.The problem,as you are all well aware,is that everyone is to damn scared to openly say anything critical about the WTS.So how can I ferret out any "would be doubters".Any hints?

• Priest73
    Priest73

Just do a quick check for the mark of the beast on their foreheads...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Erm I think you er maybe should or maybe shouldn't bother yourself in case you doubt that the doubters are not the ones who are doubting maybe - or maybe not. Hope this helps?

• zack
    zack

Next time you give a talk, just ask for a show of hands for anyone who no longer buys the BS.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Confused and lost,

That would be the one who keeps raising their hand and giving glowing comments and who sings the loudest at the concluding song. In all seriousness, any doubter is not necessarily somebody who is obvious.

LHG

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

That can be tough, my Radar on this issue misled me a few times in the past, lucky for me i'm much more sublte in person and didn't blow my cover.

• oompa
    oompa

I only know of a few indicators. One is if they comment and bring out points that are not "mainstream" and esp. if it is additional info not in the actual study material. Talk with them about the comment later. Same with your comments...make the ones that make elders cringe and others possibly think. They will talk to you after the meeting and I swear you can see the old eyes roll sometimes. Also look around after really stupid coments and check peoples reactions. I am friends with a couple who are perceived as negative...no wonder I like them and they are inactive and down to one meeting every three weeks now. I visited them recently and am 99% sure we are on the same page, and they are in this just for what is left of their social life. Look for the disgruntled and negative....if others view them that way they are probably your friend!.....oompa

• allreadygone
    allreadygone

Look around, I bet at least half have some doubts but will never voice them for family, or friends. That having been said start with long time dubs that are obviously thinkers and ask leading questions.Hey we did it all the time when we were in service. Like have you noticed a lot of the brothers and sisters don't seem to have the same zeal as before? Do you think the society's changing of the 1914 generation has made some slow down because there is now not any urgency,I mean now that the new system could be tomorrow could be 100 years from now?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It's usually the guy that says that "this shit is ridiculous, can you believe it?" when you're having a few beers.

• Priest73
    Priest73

or a bunch of beers....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit