Kingdom Interlinear

by CHILD 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CHILD
    CHILD

Does anyone have a link to 1969 Kingdom Interlinear? If so, please pm. I have some research to do.

• opr83
    opr83

Try this link www.thedcl.org/bible/diaglott-nt/index.html. This is the Emphatic Diaglott, which is where the Interlinear translation comes from.

• CHILD
    CHILD

Thanks.

• Mebaqqer2
    Mebaqqer2

While the Emphatic Diaglott was used in early on by Bible Students, the Kingdom Interlinear does not "come from" it. The Emphatic Diaglott is based on Griesbach's Greek Text. The Kingdom Interlinear, however, is based on Westcott and Hort's Greek text which in turn served as the base text for the New World Translation. Further, the word-for-word rendering in the Emphatic Diaglott was done by Benjamin Wilson, while the word-for-word translation found in the Kingdom Interlinear was done anonymously through the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Thus, the two works should be seen separately against what opr83 suggested. As for your request, it just so happens that Atlantis had provided a searchable version of the 1969 edition that you requested on December 17, 2006 (see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/125803/1.ashx ). It seems, however, that the download is no longer available. Someone might post it again though.

Mebaqqer

• oompa
    oompa

Meb, thanks so much for the info....Child, what are you looking for???....oompa

• CHILD
    CHILD

I'm looking for answers to doctrinal issues, especially who goes to heaven, Hebrews chap 1 and Romans chapters 7 and 8.

• oompa
    oompa

the only answer is anybody god wants, if he is even there to want anyone....a book will not tell you the answer....sorry...oompa

• What-A-Coincidence
  • CHILD
    CHILD

Thank you. I know you are right. I already know the answers. I alternate between having faith and trying to know all of the answers. I think "trying to find the answers in a book" is the result of the " regular spirtual feeding program" to which I became addicted.

• JCanon
    JCanon

The key to the number is comparing Isa 6:13 with Revelation 7:

13 And there will still be in it a tenth, and it must again become something for burning down, like a big tree and like a massive tree in which, when there is a cutting down [of them], there is a stump; a holy seed will be the stump of it.”

Basically, the holy priesthood was the privilege of the Jews. But they failed. Thus gentiles are said to be grafted into the tree, like wild olives. Thus the kingdom is likened to an olive tree. But, while the Jews did lose some of their positions, making way for the gentiles to be grafted in, not all their places were lost. The branches might have become gentiles grafted in, but the root, the stump, would remain Jewish. Per Isaiah that stump represents a specific number, namely one-tenth of the entire tree.

So you have a choice. Either the 144,000 represents the ENTIRE tree with 1/10th Jews being 14,400, or the 144,000 represents the stump making up 1/10th of the entire number. The latter is the correct understanding. That's because the Bible otherwise has to modify that 12,000 specifically listed from each tribe. That has no meaning if gentiles are grafted in. But if the 144,000 is the royal Jewish root, then it would mean that literally, 12,000 from each of the named tribes would have to make up this holy root.

That is the REALITY of those like myself, anointed ones, in the JIOR. That is, we accept the direct statement in the Bible that some people from Jesus' time would not die at all until he arrived some 1900 years later. There were thus always two classes among Christians during the time of Jesus, those who would be chosen to die and then be resurrected, like Peter, and those whom Jesus would choose to allow to live through the ages over 1900 years until he arrived, like John and Paul. But WHY?

No choice. To fulfill the Covenant of Abraham, so that the 12 tribes were equally represented in the kingdom, that means genealogical records of lineages would have to be maintained all this time so that 12,000 could be selected from among decendants from each tribe. How could that be possible after the Diaspora and the destruction of Jerusalem? Impossible, actually. Sooo, Jehovah had to bend the rules a little. Since some from all 12 tribes had their genealogy records during the time of Christ, certain members from each tribe were chosen to live down through time down to our day. The perhaps at some point, maybe as late as 1874, these "survivors" (1 Thess 4:15) down to the Lord's day would then start new families. Most people today can track their genealogies back to 1874, even black descendants of former slaves since slavery was over by then. Depending upon how many were chosen to survive, the adult descendants from all 12 tribes could number into the millions say by 1993, the time of the first passover after the second coming. This was the only way to fufill this.

144,000 is not very many compared to all those wanting to go to Heaven. 1,440,000 is also somewhat a small number, but even so, the picking must be very difficult because the time is extended for filling in that number. The longer God waits and keeps the doors open, the more qualified and quality people there is to choose from. As the Bible says, God is not "slow, but patient." Don't forget the limitations as well. 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes. Every year that passes a few more children come of age in these tribes who are descendants from the first-century Christian parents who remarried into the modern population at some point 100-200 years ago. 12,000 from each tribe will be selected, but that pool grows exponentially every year. The broader the selection, the higher the quality. So I think Jehovah is holding out for quality by delaying Armageddon and the second "great tribulation" (The Holocaust was the first great tribulation of Matthew, Mark and Luke, etc. that occurs before the second coming).

Maybe he has some particularly nice people in mind but who are not paying attention at the moment and he's hoping they will wake up at the last minute and accept.

Of note, while there was a focus for JWs for the selection, that ended when the covenant ended in 1996. That is, the 70th week of 1989-1996 ended in 1996. JW have no more covenant with Jehovah and neither do the Jews. So now the kingdom is open to any qualified ones without focus. Since the "great tribulation" can only begin after the last anointed one is sealed, we can only presume that Jehovah is hanging out looking for the last few best candidates available, right up until the last minute. I think it's a PLUS if you're interested into chronology. I'm EXTREMELY interested in chronology and look what position in the kingdom I got!!! Talk about hitting the jackpot!!!!

JCanon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit