Sinning Against the Holy Spirit

by spiritboi 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

JW is banned here. A few years back, one guy (XJW) informed the police of their meeting place. It was raided,the bros were fined and a few jailed. There were people saying that he has sinned against the spirit. Later he felt regret about it and was now reinstated!

Sin against spirit would be unforgivable. y he is able to be reinstated?

Is it up to the elders to decide whether a person has sinned against spirit?

• Gopher
    Gopher

The way I heard this explained at the Kingdom Hall:

Only Jehovah (or Jesus, depending on what you're reading) can judge whether a person has "sinned against the holy spirit". That's not for humans to decide.

So those people saying "he sinned against the holy spirit" may have been involved in gossiping. However, gossiping doesn't really get you in trouble with JW's. Sometimes it actually improves your standing! They're very unkind, in how they talk about each other.

So yes, almost anybody can be reinstated, if they appear to have the proper attitude.

However, that guy that told the police the meeting location may never be trusted to be appointed an elder. He was disloyal to "the organization", breaking the #1 rule among JW's.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

What holy spirit?

• Aleman
    Aleman

Hello Spiritboi,

I know this is a tricky subject so let me say what I remember.

Sinning against the holy spirit is sinning while knowing it is a sin, and yet you carry out such sin, and you don't ask for forgivness for such sin.

Example: Judas sinned against the holy spirit because he knew that Jesus was Christ and yet he carried out due to his greed and never asked forgiveness. Instead he hanged himself.

I hope this was helpful.

May God bless all the Brothers & Sisters in the organisation,

-Aleman

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What they call sin against the holy spirit is actually another tactic to keep people trapped in the Tower. One is said to have sinned against the holy spirit when they have thought, with fully integrated honesty, about where they are headed in the organization and in the "Paradise". Then they dig deeper to see if that is just them or if it is going on elsewhere. By the time they find out, they are not going to ever believe in the Witless religion again.

They do this to scare people. Thinking with fully integrated honesty about the religion is a step that could lead to no forgiveness. So, people hadn't better do that. Instead, they think with the sources that the Tower wants them to use. That keeps them trapped in the Tower. Note that they tell people that, if you feel guilty about a sin, then you likely haven't gone beyond forgiveness. However, they are vague about where this line is to keep people from reappropriating their lives.

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

Hi Aleman ,

Thanks for your comment. That is why people are saying he sinned against the HS! Judas betrayed Jesus, he betrayed the bros.

How come he can be reinstated? Some bros are questioning this but no one dared to question the elders who reinstate him.

What about this scenario? Judas' wife and children were held hostage and will be killed unless he told themJesus whereabout . Will he still be sinning against the HS?

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Of course the elders decide who has sinned and who is forgiven.

They make fun of Catholics all the time for confessing to the priest and asking forgiveness, but they expect the rank and file to go to the elders and do the same thing. Why can't people see this?

I heard it was announced at the assembly (Follow the Christ) that talking to apostates is "grieving the holy spirit". Does anyone know if this is true? And how do you grieve something that is only a breath or a force?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't capitalize holy spirit since they don't really believe in the Holy Spirit since we as individuals are not able to get help from the Holy Spirit to understand Scripture like is promised in the Bible, but must (supposedly - yeah right) rely on the faithless slave for that help. NOT!

sacrebleu

• marmot
    marmot

There was a Watchtower study on this topic a month or so ago.

Supposedly, sinning against the Holy Spirit is just knowingly sinning and not repenting for it. Once you repent, it's forgiven.

I guess if you die it's unforgivable, but there's another scripture that says "the wages sin pays is death" so logically your debt would be paid and it would be up to whoever's in charge to resurrect you.

Oy, my head hurts. I'm glad I don't believe in the Bible anymore.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

first off...................... what holy spirit?

it is OBVIOUS that when elders are appointed they are not done so by the HS they are appointed by men who cant find their ass with both hands. if hs was even involved then before someone did something truely horrible....... like df someone for PERSONAL reasons....... they would be forced to resign as an elder. instead they run their eldership however they want.

secondly.............. how would they know who turned them in...... was it in the police report?

thirdly......... elders can do whatever the hell they want. we have to many examples here for us to ignore the facts. if an elder has something against you personally....... then they can sway the body. regardless of guilt or innocence, fact or fiction.

so he musta been doing some serious butt kissing in order to get back inside. musta pulled out all the stops and said he was sorely mislead or someone else took what he said out of context or some way to downplay any involvement. say he was studying with someone and they ratted him out not him directly.

hell he could say he was possesed and ask for someone to study with him to help drive the devil out of him lol.

• 5go
    5go
    Example: Judas sinned against the holy spirit because he knew that Jesus was Christ and yet he carried out due to his greed and never asked forgiveness. Instead he hanged himself.

I hope this was helpful.

That is one frame of mind but there are some that would point out Judas did what needed to be done so he was the greastest apostle of Jesus and he took the fall to bring about what needed to happen Jesus death. Hios remorse for what happened later lead him to commit suicide because hje didn't understand that Jesus was supposed to die and be raised later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit