130 + years of Field Service

by Honesty 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

How many non-JW's know exactly what the Jw's 'kingdom message' consists of?

I had a JW tell me that they are known for preaching the 'kingdom message' so I asked him the same thing I am asking the fine people on JWD.

• watson
    watson

I remember when I was younger, we used to prepare 3 to 5 minute sermons, using several scriptures to stimulate interest. As time has gone on, it's getting to the point where the "publishers" ring the bell, and when the "householder" comes to the door, the "publishers" stand there with the latest brochure facing the "householder" and say: "Well....what do you think?"

• R.F.
    R.F.

The JW Kingdom message is... "Study the publications bible with us, come to our meetings and be saved."

To answer you're question, I don't think many people know what the "Kindgom message" is. Many that i've run into don't even know much about Jehovah's Witnesses.

R.F.

• oompa
    oompa

Honesty...I know you know...so why do you ask? Just curious. I would rather actually ask that at meetings for field service.....that could be interesting, but I think they have the basics down, Jesus died for our sins and will rule for a thousand years after he kills most people and while the earth is being turned into paradise and the dead are resurrected....those who survive all that get to be tested by Satan who does not even have to escape hell...he is set free....great...oompa

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Honesty...I know you know...so why do you ask? Just curious. I would rather actually ask that at meetings for field service.....that could be interesting, but I think they have the basics down, Jesus died for our sins and will rule for a thousand years after he kills most people and while the earth is being turned into paradise and the dead are resurrected....those who survive all that get to be tested by Satan who does not even have to escape hell...he is set free....great...oompa

Same reason I ask the JW's when I see some that don't know me.

I like to hear their unified answers.

• ush419
    ush419

R.F. you are right most people (non-witnesses) have no idea what the witnesses are about. My experience when working with people who aren't (thank god) witnesses, is that they had very little if any informatin about them. One particular lady (26 years old) living in the same house where she had spent her entire life (now helping elderly parents her and her husband), had never even seen a jdub at her door, no never, had no idea whatsoever about our beliefs, doctrine, or anything else about us. when talking at lunch with others in the workforce there, almost no one, had ever even met a jdub. So this quickly took my mind to the conclusion that Jdubs are a legend in their own minds., self important thoughts generated by their unique belief in their own importance with no substance to show for it.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I'm a "never was " but I did pay attention to the line they were selling me , and my understanding of the kingdom message was the story of Gods government and leadership after all the heathen unrepentant sinners were destroyed

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

So many decades of preaching yet not many of the general public know what the JW beliefs are.

Bangalore

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I wish Bangalore would not be resurrecting these old threads...it really disorientates me

Even though the last comment is perfectly true....The young dubs are only dimly aware of the past, and the old ones are too locked into their belief system too consider changing now,.

How tenable is an end-time apocalyptic message that spans three seperate centuries? Jusus gave 30 years notice on Jerusalem. Noah preached for 40 years, we are told...so what can you say after sounding a warning for 130 years + ?

IT DID'NT COME, DID IT?

• Ding
    Ding

I seriously doubt that 1 out of 1000 householders would say that the WTS' message focuses on a kingdom.

In fact, I think the vast majority of people neither know nor care what the WTS' message is.

They know that JWs go door to door and that they have a magazine called the Watchtower.

That's about it.

They probably don't even know where the name "Jehovah" comes from or that the WTS professes to be Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit