Are Jehovah's Witnesses Victims Too???

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think many Witnesses are victims of deception. I do not believe that the vast majority of them truly understand the folly of their religion. Like many good Roman Catholics or devout Muslims, they believe that their faith is the true one.

Many JWs are basically "good" people. The leadership is corrupt but many of the faithful have truly been decieved and because the mind control is so powerful, they can't see it.

Do you agree???

• carla
    carla

They are victims of deception by choice. If one claims to love God and feels their eternal salvation is based upon spreading the good news a person of integrity would want to make sure the good news is that of God not of mere men. In this age of information the jw's who refuse to 'make sure of all things' are either cowards, lazy, or actually have no real faith in God to begin with. We seem to see everybody as victims these days, some people are willing victims. Many jw's will admit privately that they know the things they are teaching will change and some things may even sound crazy in the years to come just like many of the old wt teachings and yet they perpetuate what they know will be considered false and possibly even apostate in time. What could be more sinful than that? Knowingly spreading the false gospel, knowingly spreading false prophecies, knowingly.... knowingly..... yet they continue. Why? to cover their own butts. That is what motivates most jw's, gotta get those hours in for a chance, just a chance to make it to the new system. I consider that selfish beyond comprehension. Forget about laying down your life for another, they won't even keep their mouths shuts for another even when they know it is false.

• changeling
    changeling

Absolutely. They believe what they are taught and they are being taught hog wash. Some wake up and smell the poop and others do not.

changeling

• *summer*
    *summer*

yes, i do agree.

actually, they are the main victims. some of them simply for being born into the cult. others for being so scared to leave once they find out the real truth. i do not blame them...most of them know they will lose everything...family, friends, and all. i feel sorry for them...

my study conductor is the nicest person i have ever met. but now i see her from a different perspective. i see her as the most brainwashed person i have ever met. yes, she is most definitely a victim...like millions of others

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that some are willing victims, too.

Many people aren't very bright.

• oompa
    oompa

Yes. No doubt about it.....oompa

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

It's not so much how bright or intelligent a person is, but just a matter of how they deal with the various elements of life.

There are many paths out of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. The important thing is to get out! Before you share in her sins!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..Not everybody is a victim..I`ve talked to many Dubs who know theres something wrong and chose to ignore it,or sweep it under the carpet..They have friends and position in the congregation and don`t want to lose it...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I don't believe that the vast majority of JWs are narcisstic. They are weak minded.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes definately.

Those guys in New York know what they are doing too.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit