Radical Apostasy v Liberal Apostasy

by diamondblue1974 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Great analogy with feminism! (Which today, is very diverse and embraces many different ideological and political stances) Have you seen the movie I Shot Andy Warhol? Great flick, and if you haven't you should read up on Valerie Solanas. She was an extreme activist as you describe, but she was also unbalanced with personal grievances, and she "acted out" her anger violently as well. I think you might find her story interesting as it pertains to your analogy.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hang on Gary, you don't see this site as "liberal" do you? It isn't, IMHO

Sirona

• Mincan
    Mincan

That's funny, I just realized I'm politically liberal yet "apostately" conservative!

I'm soooo complex!

changeling

Actually that makes a lot of sense.

• Mincan
    Mincan
    Take away alcohol, pot,pain pills, psch meds, and most XJW's wouldnt be living a good life.

F**King AMEN BROTHER!

• dawg
    dawg

Everyday on this forum, I read post where people are misrable and voicing it; yet not many has the courage to actually tell their famlies what they feel. Then when someone does all I hear is critisisms for the effort... calling folks like me radical. I put forth effort and it had results-Sure it's good to drop a hint here or there before dropping an a-bomb, but the truth isn't radical. telling anyone how you feel, even strongly if needs be at least lets folks know where you stand.

I waited and waited for my mom and pop to die so i wouldn't have to hurt their feelings, yet when my apostacy was exposed I decided to let folks really know where I stand. Many of you might be surprised how great it works in many instances... Of course there's always the die hards, but many deep inside need to hear the truth-they already know it and by you having the courage to stand up you may save others a world of hurt... may make those quesitons many are having need to be answered in ways that aren't pre-thought hogwash.

As for tose that do nothing.... how's that working out for you? Thats what I thought!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Hang on Gary, you don't see this site as "liberal" do you? It isn't, IMHO

Thats precisely my point - we run into real danger when we try to pigeon hole individual mediums or methods into radical or liberal just at face value - its too narrow a definition.

I think (for want of a better expression) radical apostates who are prepared to get in peoples faces have their place and contribute considerably to the cause but the danger is that (as in the case of Danny) it goes completely over the top and is counter productive. Liberal Apostasy (again for want of a better expression) also contributes considerably to the cause but there is a danger that a liberal approach can be counter productive when it produces no action whatsoever.

Again, its a question of balance, presentation and achieving the objective.

As far as my views on this site are concerned, I think its capable of being both liberal and radical; for example, it was radical in its exposure of the UN debacle yet is liberal in its critique and analysis of doctrine, policies and procedures.

For the avoidance of any doubt on this issue I have no qualms whatsoever with any method that works and isnt counter productive.

Gary

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Scotsman--- To answer your question, if my church caused as much damage in your life, or in the lives of children, I mean tangible damage, then you would be free to picket my church, in fact I would probably join you too.

JW's as a religion teach their children not to pursue valid career goals, not to get a decent college education. They isolate children from their peers, they disallow dating of the opposite sex at a very crucial developmental time period. All of the "normal" things a child experiences and takes for granted, JW children are forbidden.

If my church EVER EVER did that, I would be the first to picket it myself. I dont see any chance of that happening though.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

Living a good and happy life is the best "revenge". It blows their minds, as they don't think happiness is possible outside of their bubble.

Ditto this.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im gonna start a whole new topic in consideration of this last reply.

• DaCheech

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit