JW's use Rose colored glasses to see each other.

by The Lone Ranger 13 Replies latest jw friends

They will sacrafice a member to "protect" the org. I remember at one of the last assemblies I went to they said "There are no broken homes in Jehovah's orginization." I know for a fact that at that very time there were 5 in our small congragation, three of which happened within one month prior to the assembly. My dad, an elder, said that they they DF'ed one member in each case so they are not in the org and therefore they have no broken homes.

Also when my child was molested the elders "investagated" and talked to the police invertagator, and the county social worker,(I did go to the police and tried to press charges). Two elders, my dad and another one, interviewed my child, and both walked away saying they believed him. However, the perpatrator sent a letter to the elders saying how "He would never bring reproach to Jehovah's name." Blah blah blah. Well that was enough for them, they then said no guilty person would be able to write such a loving letter about their love of Jehovah, and no two witnesses so he is not guilty. He was going to be arrested but my wife interceeded on his behalf and did not press charges. Since the child was my wifes and not mine I could not press charges. The investagator called me in and told me that the elders had "insunuated" that they would produce evidence that I was the guilty party if it went further. Two months later the perp. was mad a MS, and my dad has called him the son he never had.

Boy, did the gossip fly then. I was accused of all kinds of things after that. It was said that I was the molestor, i cheated on my wife, she divorced me, I have illegitimate children, and worst of all I accoused a brother falsely. I even lost a job as a "Well meaning elders wife went to my employer and told them of my suposed transgressions. When the elders found out about that their responce was not to correct the 'spiritual sister" but to say where's the proof that she said it. We were living with my dad at the time (My mother had recently passed away) and he knew what had happened.

All this time I was technically still an active witness.

Sorry for rambling it has been a while since I posted and forgot how good it is to just get it out.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am sorry for the nightmare you went through. What I am curious about is what you said about them saying they will 'produce evidence' that you are the guilty party...

If you are innocent and this evidence doesn't really exist then are they going to fabricate it??? This is the impression I get from this statement.

Just how far are these 'christians' going to go to protect their image?

LHG

• jambon1
    jambon1

When I was in, I always heard people bitching about otehrs. HOWEVER, since leaving the org, my wife will hear no wrong about the brothers. Even ones that we previously used to 'slag off' together are now, apparently, not that bad. She is on the defense all the time about the org and the people in it. Sad.

LongHairGal, - that is what the investigator said, that they would fabricate something. They will go to any length to "protect" the JW name, hell they sacrifice children so it is really no suprize.

J1 - I agree, my wify was telling me about an elder and his family visiting from Texas. They are on their first vacation out of Texas ever and here for two weeks. And they want him to give a talk, he said yes for the second week of his visit, however the talk he was to give another bro. gives that talk on week one. So they give the visiting bro. another outline to do his talk. I replied "Why don't they just let him relax and enjoy his vacation?" She said "What if he wants to do it?" I said that's fine but since they asked him he feel obligated." Well I was then accoused of trying to find fault, and asked why don't I leave the JW's alone, they don't find fault with others so why do non or ex JW's try and find fault with them. I wanted so bad to ask why do they go door to door if they didn't find fault with others, but i just left it alone, what would be the point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit