JW's use Rose colored glasses to see each other.

by The Lone Ranger 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Have you ever noticed how JW’s look at each other through rose coloured glasses. NO JW can do any wrong in the eyes of other JW’s. even when its obvious that a JW has done wrong, they are always righteous to other JW"s, as long as a JW go’s to meeting and does field service then he must be right with God and therefore must be right in the eyes of others JW’s.

Example, in the case of a marriage break up, if you know that the husband has done bad even being violent, if the wife stops going to meetings then it ‘Proves’ that the husband was right and everyone looks down on the wife because she has stopped loving God since she stopped going to meetings, and if you say something against the husband they look down and you for suggesting that a JW was wrong. what a Joke !

You guys understand what I mean?

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I think JWs can see other JWs doing wrong. Hell, sometimes they reprove or disfellowship somebody just for the hell of it!

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Naa mate i disagree, when i was a dub all i ever heard was bro's & sisters bitching about everybody. There was so much gossip, backstabbing and putting everyone down it was unbelievable. Then of course face to face with eachother it was all smiles & niceyness, god it was so false it made me sick....yuk

• Zico
    Zico

I've found they often use rose coloured glasses for their leaders, and when referring to the Org as a whole. In general though, I think they're critical of each other.

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

My experience was just as ifcviking describes. Total backstabbing and gossip mongering. I was never in any of the little cliques because I wasn't willing to go that route.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

They try to appear as if they have Rose colored glasses, and some truly believe what they want to see. But they are extremely judgemental and critical of each other. It all depends if they keep it to themselves or decide or they want to make themselves look good by bringing it to the attention of others. Very selfish motives.

• tula
    tula

I think they do not have any opinion until they get the good housekeeping seal of approval or not..... from the JC verdicts.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I understand perfectly what you mean, especially if the offending person gets a lot of hours in the field service. There is also more sympathy if the offending person is a man. A woman gets less sympathy from everybody.

I certainly do not think I was viewed through rose colored glasses.

LHG

• carla
    carla

If a jw is proved to have done something illegal or child molestation for example then the response is 'they weren't a real jw anyway'. Well, to the rest of the world they sure were! they go to all the meetings and fs they ARE jw's. They are jw's even if they are not baptized, that is how the rest of the world sees it. Doesn't matter if they are baptized or not if they go on a semi-regular basis they ARE jw's. That's how it is on the 'outside'.

• vitty
    vitty

I know what you mean. I knew a couple, she pioneered and ran up terrible debts, she bad mouthed her husband and eventually, when they split up, all the other pioneer sisters helped her clear the house. Well she must have been in the right cos she was still pioneering and her hubby had stopped going to meetingsright........................wrong after months he was vindicated and she moved to another country.

Shes still in , he never goes but everyone had to admit the wife was wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit