HOW CLEAN IS YOUR HOUSE? (fluff test)

by Mary 43 Replies latest jw friends

• marmot
    marmot

I'm normally pretty good about keeping a clean home but mood cycles tend to affect that. Right now I'm in a phase where I have NO clean dishes in the entire house and there are piles of dirty laundry all over the bathroom and bedroom.

It's not like I have anyone to impress. The dog doesn't seem to mind, in fact he likes to make little beds out of dirty T-shirts.

Bachelor life FTW.

• eclipse
    eclipse

R,

For cleaning glass windows, a good thing to try is newspaper and windex.

One newspaper page to wipe it, and one dry page to dry it to a streak free shine.

It's something about the newspaper ink....you would think it makes things dirty, but quite the opposite.

I did that to my windows outside last summer and they are still shiny one year later.

Try that....let me know how it works.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

The quiz is lame because I don't use sponges, they are germ collectors

AND the worst kind of bug I see in my old house are SPIDERS and they don't even MENTION them.

sacrebleu

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

It is also lame because I answered the questions honestly and it said I am gleaming. Not hardly.

My house is a mess.

sacrebleu

• Scully
    Scully
    Does any one have secrets to cleaning the touchpad of a black glass topped stove.....It's driving me insane. The touch pad is in back, and no matter how much windex I use it always looks greasy and smeared. To make matters worse the kitchen window shines the sun on it all afternoon!

If I'm looking to cut greasy looking surfaces, I'll use Fantastic! instead of Windex.

Better yet, hot water and wipe down with a microfiber cloth that you'd use for eyeglasses.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Does any one have secrets to cleaning the touchpad of a black glass topped stove.....It's driving me insane. The touch pad is in back, and no matter how much windex I use it always looks greasy and smeared. To make matters worse the kitchen window shines the sun on it all afternoon!

First I would try Simple Green full strength and rinse with very hot water and towel dry. If that doesn't remove the greasy marks try a touch of Soft Scrub on a terry cloth which has been rinsed and rung out with very hot water, rinse again and towel dry! You might want to test an inconspicuous spot first with the Soft Scrub as it might scratch.

I haven't taken the test yet but I can only guess what it would say......I just spent the better part of today cleaning my little house, on my hands and knees in the bathroom scrubbing every nook and cranny with a toothbrush and bleach. I also used a toothbrush and bleach in my kitchen. Hubby came in and commented on how nice the house looks and how clean it smells. LOL I'm a clean freak which is probably good as I have a cleaning business and my clients love me.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Who wants to know?

• restrangled
    restrangled

John, I think you gave yourself away on the bed fluff thread.....

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

My underwear with skid marks is in the trash, and I keep my gun clean. That's all that matters. ;-)

• Mary
    Mary
    John Doe said: My underwear with skid marks is in the trash, and I keep my gun clean. That's all that matters.

Really? When did your living standards go up like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit