O% Containment of Fires in SoCal

by purplesofa 61 Replies latest social current

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

They just showed pics from Encinitas. We spent two days there, one whole day on the beach there.. Such a beautiful place. And the fires are there now.

I can't imagine.

purps

• Dagney
    Dagney

It's very ugly outside.

Sad for the land, the people, the firefighters.

I love Encinitas too...a really great little surfing community.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't recall much land that is not developed in Encinitas.....or any of those little towns along the coast.

So I can't imagine there not being structures burning there.

One of the most memorable days ever for me was being on the beach there.

walking the streets close to the beach, seeing the houses and how people lived.

such a shame.

purps

• Dagney
    Dagney

They have a TV going in another office but I've been gone for a week and a half and have a mound of word on my desk and no time to keep up with the news.

I did check MSN online and they are evacuating Rancho San Bernardo...very very beautiful area in N San Diego county. Very expensive homes and an equestrian area.

I love those little towns around Encinitas too...a very special place to me.

Hope the wind shifts...these darn Santa Anas...I thought we were close to not having them this year. How things can change in a day.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Its really scarey whats going on..........At least with Hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, there is some tracking. Its so erractic, those winds.

Be safe everyone out there.

purps

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

125,000 San Diegans asked to evacuate so far.

Wild Animal Park threatened. Not good. Mira Mesa High School at capacity with evacuees. Parents are being encouraged to take their kids out of school. Voluntary evacuations for Solana Beach--wow.

Could this fire go all the way to the ocean??

Firefighters are at capacity, county-wide.

• Matty
    Matty

Double that evacuation number now. We're looking at the worst wildfires in Californian history. Me and SpiceItUp are home - both our workplaces are in the mandatory evacuation area. We are just out of the evacuation areas but things are changing by the minute, so we are at home and keeping up to date with the news. We're ready to go if we're called to.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Good luck, Matty! I am sorry this is happening. What a scary thing!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Matty

Glad you are ok.........Worldly Andre posted his off in San Diego was evac.

Fire in San Diego, they have ordered evacuation in our office there, all of our employees there had to evacuate their homes in the middle of the night. Things are getting really bad, down there. I work out of our Coporate office in O.C.

and sspo totaled his vehicle

sspoRe: So Cal Fires

Post 1209 of 1209
    since 24-Jun-06

Just i got into a five car accident and totaled my car.

We have sand storms everywhere from san diego to LA.... it's so bad you could not see 3 feet ahead of you.

I hit a truck stoppedin the middle of the road and 3 other cars right behind me piled on top of each other.

One Toyota pick up flipped over. One lady ended up inthe hospital.

Fortunately just got a stiff neck and back but my car is history.

• Matty
    Matty

Thanks and hugs Happy Harvester/purplesofa. We just spoke to caligirl, they are with friends out of the evacuation area at the moment and safe. Fortunately the San Marcos fire has been contained, so they may be heading back soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit