by purplesofa 61 Replies latest social current

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, this is terrible!

Is LegoLand in trouble?

Skeeter

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ooh, trippy....two radio stations went silent....okay now it's just one that went silent...

Okay, I have another local station, FM this time.

As for Legoland, I don't think Carlsbad is in danger yet.

Good news: San Marcos fire 40% contained.

Bad news: Witch Creek fire is still out of control.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Did this all start from a falling power line?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm not sure. I'll try to scan the local news websites, but it'll be tough because they're overloaded with traffic.

Okay, the main story on 10news.com says it was a transformer that exploded.

• besty
    besty

we drove up to Palos Verdes yesterday afternoon and you could easily see the smoke pouring off the hills above Malibu

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

they are showing witch fire now

the mayer is evacuating part of San Diego to get out of the way of the oncoming fire.

they are asking minimizing cell phone usage so emergency people can use them

I have a burn pile here that is soaked........been trying to get it dried out enough to burn.....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

According to officials, San Diego has evacuated around 60,000 residents. And you are correct about the cell usage.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It's no hoax.

I live near the Malibu fire and a smaller one (I think it's out now) between Camarillo and Moorpark. My job takes me out of town Mon-Fri so I drove past many of the fires on my way down to Mission Viejo last night (100 miles south). One of the fires near Irvine/Silverado is just a few blocks from my office.

It's bad. Thick smoke everywhere. High winds, High Temps, Low Humidity = Severe Fire Conditions.

Did this all start from a falling power line?

There are actually more than a dozen separate fires.

I heard that the Malibu fire stated this way. The winds were very, very strong early Sunday Morning when this fire broke out. The others could have started from any number of causes - even a cigarette butt tossed our of a car. There is always thought of some copy-cat arson fires when things get rolling like this but it seems that Malibu and probably Castaic were not arson - just bad combination of elements. Once a tiny spark starts, it fuels just soo quickly.

You know it's bad when the *cleaner* air is what you breathe as you drive through LosAngeles.

-Aude.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

its kinda hard to not use your cell phone when they are reporting so many are without power.

and that the sherrifs are going throught the neighborhoods to tell people to evacuate.

purps.........

plugging in cell to not let battery go low!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Take care Aude,

it really does not look good.

and keep us posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit