Would You Condone Giving Birth Control To 11 Year Olds???

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I maintain, min, that it's not about sending any message.

It's about coping with reality as it is, not as we would have it be.

• minimus
    minimus

NVR, I'd like to hear John's attitude toward this subject. Here's what I think he'd contribute:"MINImus you got NO BALLS!''(At least he doesn't misspell balls).

• yknot
    yknot

And this why I homeschool some and send mine to private Christian school!

• bisous
    bisous

stop shouting, dot boy! we can all read and we know they are eleven year olds (the number between 10 and 12). as the human body matures earlier and earlier, the activities that accompany that development will occur earlier and earlier. this is not droves and droves of 11 year olds. not ALL middle schoolers are 11 year olds. the fact is that the sex is happening between 11 and 13 now vs. 14 and 18 (and we bemoaned it then). a fact that must be dealt with.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Birth control pills do not prevent STDs. We are not talking about condoms here. We are talking about birth control pills. Taking birth control pills will not prevent an 11 year old from getting syphilis. Birth control pills are made of hormones and can have long term side effects...especially to a child in PUBERTY. What 11 year old can remember to take them regularly?

Coffee

• bisous
    bisous

try *googling* "sex in christian schools" and see what you get.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

And "dealing with it" is giving birth control to the GIRLS through the school nurse? Normally, I'm a very matter-of-fact, make a statement, deal with reality type of person, and I guess I'm getting soft as I grow older, but I can't get on board with giving 11-year-old girls BC pills. WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?! How has it fallen to the local school board to administer this program? Why is it just girls (yes, I know there's no pill for boys)? Why not offer condoms? At least that's not a pharmaceutical!

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Good point about the STD's Coffee!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

....and family history is very important in regards to birth control pills. Not everyone can take the pill. Are the school authorities doing a complete medical history before giving them the pill?

Coffee

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

If I were the mother of an 11 year old girl and I found out she was sexually active, I would take her to a GYN have a pap test as well as all other STD checks. I would have her put on some form of birth control that I could track to make sure she is using it properly and I would also make her aware that birth control does not prevent STD's only pregnancy!

I would not want a school nurse giving out BC to any child, that is the responsibility of a licenced MD. There are certain health problems associated with any medication and should be followed and prescribed by a physician only!

I don't think birth control encourages sexual activity; I know we don't like to think about it but kids will find a way to do all the things a parent doesn't want them to do. I did! Just a little tid bit you guys may or may not have heard - some kids now think that as long as they don't have intercourse, that it is penis to vagina intercourse they are still technically a virgin. Therefore the big thing now is oral and anal sex. There have also been reports of high numbers of STD in the mouth and throat because the don't think they can get an STD unless they have actual intercourse. Another reason parents should talk to their kids and give them the straight up on every form of sex otherwise they will be misinformed by their peers!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit